Premium

Country

Germany

Device

SM-T700, Galaxy Tab S

Operating System

Android 6

My Question or Issue

Due to the lockdown, i have tried to setup spotify on our old galaxy tab s, so my daughter can use it. I just installed it and logged in. My library works, but whenever i click on a song/chapter, the replay stops after 2-5 seconds, without the chance of restarting it via the play button.

Energy save mode is off. The internal storage is already at 15 of 16 GB

Problem is, that my system settings do not feature any of the possible solutions suggested on the web, e.g. there is no battery otimization under the battery tab. Neither a "mobile data usage" button in the app settings.

Question is, is the device simply too old, and shall i give up, or are there other solutions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @trichter

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

According to the Spotify system requirements the device is compatible with the app's current version. 

We'd suggest you check out this help page for tips on how to resolve playback issues. If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @trichter

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

According to the Spotify system requirements the device is compatible with the app's current version. 

We'd suggest you check out this help page for tips on how to resolve playback issues. If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Just as an update.

I completely reset the device to factory settings. Installed Spotify. Didnt work.

Logged off. Logged in. Works. My daughter is happy.

Suggested posts