Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops music when I add the current song to a playlist

Spotify stops music when I add the current song to a playlist

Hi

I have a problem with Spotify app for Android. If I try to add the song that is being played to another playlist then Spotify stops the music. But it's not a simple pause, it's like a crash, because the buttons doesn't work properly at this moment or the album cover disappear. This problem happens only when I add the song from the player screen (where the album covers appears in big) and I add it to a playlist which is not offline on the device and/or it is inside a folder.
I have Android 4.2.2 and Nexus 4 mobile

Thank you!
2 Replies

I have more details. This only happens when I try to add the song to a playlist which have 762 songs. The music stops and the song is not added to the playlist. If I do this with a small playlist (around 350 songs) the song is added and the music doesn't stop.

Hi. It looks like you've possibly found a new bug. It's going to be easiest to troubleshoot directly with Spotify so I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Suggested posts