Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing after a few songs

Solved!

Spotify stops playing after a few songs

Hi! My spotify stops playing the sound of songs after i have listened to 4 - 7 songs, if i unlock my phone the song is playing but no sound is played. If i drag the little dot to the start (start the song over) the sound comes back on. I have a Xperia Z5 Compact and my playlists are "avaliable offline". Its really annoying since almost the only time i listen to music is while driving and i dont want to unlock my phone and restart the song in the middle of the traffic.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Avete aggiornato ma non è cambiato nulla. Dall'ultimo aggiornamento alcuni brani avanzano in termini di tempo ma non si sente nulla o si bloccano o non avanzano al brano successivo. Questo accade sia con i brani salvati sul telefono sia in streaming. Mi date una risposta cortesemente ?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I uninstalled Spotify, downloaded the Spotify Music 4.1.0.868 apk and installed it. Turned off auto update in the Play Store so it doesn't update to the newer version that doesn't work. It's missing the newer features but its playing music without interruption, at least for me

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble!!

The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi! First time here and I'm having the same problem. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.1.2. I've cleared the cache and reinstalled the app and I'm still having this problem.

Hi there @Allove79

Does this happen when you're connected to wifi or when using data connection?

On WiFi. No data connection on my tablet.

Hey @Allove79

Thanks for the info 🙂 Can you set a new playlist for offline use and see if the problem occurs on that? 

Keep me posted!

I knew I'd forgotten something! It happens with streaming and offline
playback. I'd been using a downloaded Playlist when it first happened.
Thanks!

Um, somehow my last comment came up under Jbsaxon73. Don't know what that's about.

@Allove79

Hmmm, so it’s not a network connection issue since it happens on offline play as well. Most likely it’s down to the device or the app location.

Do you know the app data location on your device? If it’s saved to your device’s internal memory, I would recommend changing cache location to an SD card by following the steps here

Time to buy an SD card, I suppose. Thanks.

Avete aggiornato ma non è cambiato nulla. Dall'ultimo aggiornamento alcuni brani avanzano in termini di tempo ma non si sente nulla o si bloccano o non avanzano al brano successivo. Questo accade sia con i brani salvati sul telefono sia in streaming. Mi date una risposta cortesemente ? Non ho parole per la latitanza....
Marked as solution

Avete aggiornato ma non è cambiato nulla. Dall'ultimo aggiornamento alcuni brani avanzano in termini di tempo ma non si sente nulla o si bloccano o non avanzano al brano successivo. Questo accade sia con i brani salvati sul telefono sia in streaming. Mi date una risposta cortesemente ?

@Wolfbreen I translated your reply. I think you are saying that the song looks like it's playing but there is no sound. That is my problem since a few days ago. As a workaround I downloaded an apk from November. I'll see if this works better.

Spotify Music 4.1.0.868 works for me. Been using it for 3 hours and no glitches.

uninstall delete the music on my smartphone?

spotify update fixes....

My music stops playing after one song. The app will show the song is playing but no music is coming through. Once I pause and play the song it will continue. It's been like this for a good 3 weeks. Any advice?

That's what I had to do. Also, turn off automatic updates in Play Store until the problem is fixed.
Marked as solution

I uninstalled Spotify, downloaded the Spotify Music 4.1.0.868 apk and installed it. Turned off auto update in the Play Store so it doesn't update to the newer version that doesn't work. It's missing the newer features but its playing music without interruption, at least for me

Suggested posts