Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing all of a sudden

Spotify stops playing all of a sudden

Hi,

I am using Spotify on my Samsung Glaxy. Today, I was using it and had my Bluetooth headset connected for the first time. I noticed, that it quite often stopped playing.

"Luckily", I had catlog running and so I've got a logcat log. Please see min.us/m58riVTH6

It stopped playing at 13:04, 13:16 and 13:24 (and also at other times). If you ignore all D/APPTrafficLogic lines, and search for all lines containing "spotify", a clear pattern is visible; check out min.us/m58riVTH6#4

[…]
03-11 13:04:32.525 I/AudioService( 198): Remote Control registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{42211a68: PendingIntentRecord{425d8578 com.spotify.mobile.android.ui broadcastIntent}}
03-11 13:04:36.768 I/AudioService( 198): Remote Control registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{425bb1b0: PendingIntentRecord{425d8578 com.spotify.mobile.android.ui broadcastIntent}}
[…]
03-11 13:16:36.640 I/AudioService( 198): Remote Control registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{425d64d0: PendingIntentRecord{425d8578 com.spotify.mobile.android.ui broadcastIntent}}
03-11 13:16:52.877 I/AudioService( 198): Remote Control registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{41bb2c50: PendingIntentRecord{425d8578 com.spotify.mobile.android.ui broadcastIntent}}
[…]
03-11 13:24:07.896 I/AudioService( 198): Remote Control registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{420602c0: PendingIntentRecord{425d8578 com.spotify.mobile.android.ui broadcastIntent}}
03-11 13:24:43.280 I/AudioService( 198): Remote Control registerMediaButtonIntent() for PendingIntent{41bd7610: PendingIntentRecord{425d8578 com.spotify.mobile.android.ui broadcastIntent}}
03-11 13:24:43.280 I/AudioService( 198): AudioFocus requestAudioFocus() from android.media.AudioManager@4177fc50com.spotify.mobile.android.util.MediaFocusManager$PostFroyo$Holder$1@416ca780
03-11 13:24:43.280 I/AudioService( 198): AudioFocus abandonAudioFocus(): removing entry for android.media.AudioManager@4177fc50com.spotify.mobile.android.util.MediaFocusManager$PostFroyo$Holder$1@416ca780
[…]

Well…

Why did it stop playing? I for sure did *NOT* push a pause button or something like this.

I had "My Tracks" (from Google) and RunKeeper running in the background.

Thanks,

Alexander

8 Replies

I'v the same problem that Spotify pause. Only sometimes this happens and it seems random because it's not on the same location or time.

I have had the music stop for no reason also in the past month or so. Annoying when you are driving.

I have the same problem since yesterday; no sound, although all the rest is fine on my laptop.  So it is not due to problem with sound on my laptop.Only problem with Spotify ? Anyone has any idea  please ?

thanks 

Mine is also skipping out on streamed songs via bluetooth. Bluetooth works if the playlist has been downloaded. The bluetooth speaker system I have set up is not jiving well. I know bluetooth isn't the only way to connect, but I made the decision that this is how I would connect my phone to my speaker and have invested money in this. PLEASE FIX! Also, I know this is the android forum, but this is happening on iPhones also.

I have the same problem while streaming music on my Galaxy Note.

If I "activate" the screen to change a song in Spotify, then leave the phone on the table without turning the display off, it's very likely I can continue listening for a song or two, but eventually break off in the middle of a song. If I activate the screen again, the song will continue. 

Funnily enough, the song is also likely to pause if I turn off the display after doing whatever I was doing. Maybe this is some kind of a hardware thing where it deactivates apps in the background after a certain amount of time...? I don't know.

I'd be disappointed if I paid 10 euros a month for a broken music player. I'd rather go back to WoW then. 😛

I'm now using the preview for Android http://www.spotify.com/se/download/previews/
and it works great!

Hi, Smiley Happy

I have installed the Spotify Preview however is there suppose to be some degradation in sound quality? I am on Spotify Premium.

I had enough of the previous Spotify Android app, keeps crashing every 5 minutes and especially during playing music it really puts me off the "Premium" package. 

This has to be fixed because paying for poor quality is no good.

Cheers

Patch_Panel Smiley Indifferent

I've found the (preview release) app will stop/crash quite often if it is online and I am travelling and so moving between areas of signal and no signal.

Otherwise, I used to have issues with music (not just Spotify) just stopping. I think (not confirmed) that this might have been caused by having Google Listen installed too. I had this across three different handsets and since I switched to a different podcast app it has not occured.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts