Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing offline after 10 minutes

Spotify stops playing offline after 10 minutes

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android version 9

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have this issue for several months and tried everything suggested here with no luck. Spotify offline sometimes stops after 10 minutes. I have reinstalled different versions. In the beginning it works but after a while again the same problem. I know it's spotify problem because other music apps don't have this issue. It's not sleeping mode or battery setting as some people suggested. I could not find a pattern. Recently, a temporary solution is to go online and back offline. What puzzles me is why exactly after 10 minutes stops? Please share if you have any idea.

5 Replies

Have the same problem and it really gets ennoying. Offline playing on Samsung Note8 (Android 9) stops after 10 minutes. Now a Samsung S20 Ultra (Android 10) ... same issue. Type of headphones (wired or wireless Buds+) makes no difference. When jogging it stops ... even in car when streaming via bluetooth it stops (this can lead to accidents!)

Common guys, don't you have a phone there to verify offline playing? 

And please don't suggest reinstalling the app, clear everything, check battery power saving settings, etc. (Spotify app is excluded from power save & memory cleanup). Maybe check your code where timeout of approx 10 minutes is used?!

Same problem. If I enable airplane mode and start playing spotify it stops every time after exact 10 minutes. Start playing spotify before enabling airplane mode prevents me running into this bug.

Same problem on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro and Android 10, spotify stops playing in offline mode after roughly 10 min, really annoying! I tried every battery management option and nothing helps.

Exactly same problem here, not resolved by any solution Spotify gave, including clean reinstall that forced me to resynchronized 18go of music... that really, really annoys me, and this problem has been going on since at least 2012, because there are topics about this problem that have been posted that year.

Could you please do something about this Spotify?!

I had the same problem and it persisted even after I updated Android (unrelated to this problem). 

I managed to fix this problem by signing in to my Spotify account at https://www.spotify.com/ and on Account overview clicked Signout everywhere at the bottom.  After that you need to sign in again but it is less of a hassle than loading all the offline content again.

Suggested posts