Premium (student)

Country

Netherlands

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Spotify stops playing in the middle of a song no matter how I listen to it on my phone (headphones, speaker, etc). Sometimes I can tap on another song to play, but most of the time no sing wants to play anymore and I have to restart Spotify. Sometimes I have to restart the entire device before it works again. I also noticed that the Spotify player doesn't show in the message centre or lockscreen before, during and after the music stops playing.

I hope it can be fixed.

7 Replies

This just started happening on both my wife's and on my phones. Just started sometime last week. We are using spotify on galaxy s8

Mine is too and its getting rather annoying. Like every 3rd or 4th song it just stops.

Exactly same problem. Samsung galaxy s8+. Started happening like a week ago. Tried reinstalling the app, it seemed like it was fixed, sadly after few hours same things started happening

EDIT: I remember noticing some other issues as well, like sometimes the shortcut (the one above notifications bar in an android phone) to turn spotify into offline mode also doesn't do anything. 

I have a note 8. Mine started like a month ago. 

Is anyone looking into this issue? Obviously we all have the same problem, that means there is something wrong with the app!

This is also happening to my Note 9 (Android 8.1), It's kinda annoying.  I tried clearing the cache, closing all apps and even did a clean reinstall and it keeps happening. 

Hello!

This is a known issue and is currently under investigation. Please head over to the ongoing issues thread +VOTE it and leave a comment.

Suggested posts