Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing when I do "Clean All" (applications) on Android (no background service?)

Spotify stops playing when I do "Clean All" (applications) on Android (no background service?)

Plan

Family

Country

US

Device

OnePlus 7T HD1905

Operating System

Android 11, Oxygen OS 11.0.1.1.HD65AA

My Question or Issue

On Android we have a quick launcher shortcut which closes all foreground application at once. Unfortunately it closes a playing Spotify as well. The issue is that the Spotify is the only application which stops music. All other music application I have (for example Google Podcast) are completely fine with closing foreground applications and continue playing music in the background.

I assume the Spotify application is just incorrectly designed and doesn't provide the conception of "foreground application" and "background service" on Android which all other music applications successfully support.

2 Replies

Hi @nickmz,

Thank you for posting on the Community.

At the moment, the function you're describing depends mostly on the operating system.

There are certain models and OS versions that allow you to "lock an app" and keep it from closing after clearing the phone's memory. On the Recent Apps screen, tap on the 3 vertical dots in the top. Select Lock Apps, then tap on the lock on Spotify and hit done.  

Hope this helps!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

"Lock the app" works for me.

Just want to point your attention to the fact that the other music apps don't have this issue.

Suggested posts