Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 4

Operating System

Android1 1 (with latest updates)

My Question or Issue

I recently bought a set of Airpods Pros and have had a lot of trouble using them with spotify. If I press play on the airpods, the music will usually play the first time, but then stops responding. Sometimes it will work for a few minutes, sometimes it stops immediately.

The controls work on other apps on my phone, so it appears to just be an issue with spotify.

I have tried uninstalling spotify and reinstalling it, but this did not help

1 Reply

Hi there @SQFrederick,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you try running a clean reinstall of the app? This involves deleting the app cache which can sometimes cause problems. You can have a look at this guide for the relevant steps.

There is a similar Ongoing Issue that our team is investigating right now here. You can check that one out as well.

Another thing you can try, if the clean reinstall doesn't help is to switch the default playback device on your phone.

1. Head to Settings > About Phone. Here, look for the Build Number and tap it subsequently for seven times until you see the notification saying that you’ve unlocked the developer options.
  2. Now, go the System > Advanced menu in Settings. Here, select Developer Options and enable it.
  3. Scroll all the way down until you find the “Media” section. Under the same, enable the toggle for the ‘Media resumption’ option.
  4. While you’re playing music on your phone over Bluetooth, swipe down to bring down the notification shade. Swipe down again to expand the quick setting tile.
  5. Now, click the tiny pill-shaped button in the ‘Now Playing’ notification.
  6. You’ll now see a pop-up with connected audio devices and individual volume controls. Select the device to which you want to route your device’s audio.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts