Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops to work when connected to Wi-FI

Spotify stops to work when connected to Wi-FI

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

OnePlus6

Operating System

Android 9 (OxygenOS 9.09)

My Question or Issue

Couple days ago I spotted a new issue while using Spotify on my smartphone. When connected to Wi-FI I'm presented with an error "no Internet connection available" (bottom of the screen).

Wi-Fi connection works fine, only Spotify app is having such issue. When using mobile data everything is OK. I've tried to relaunch the app with Wi-Fi disabled, restart the device but it's not helping. It's making the app useless as I can't stream the music to my Chromecast. Any advices?

Edit: I've performed clean reinstall -still issue exists. Please advise. I would understand if that would be some kind of limitation for Free plan, but not for Premium!

10 Replies

Hey there @Nomadness,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Since you mention that this doesn't persist in your device when using your data connection instead, we'd first suggesting trying the following:

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on.
  • If that doesn’t help, try restarting your router.

Further, it'd be helpful to try accessing the web player or the app from a different device while connected to same WiFi using your account to see if the issue persists.

Keep in mind that some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. If you are using such a WiFi network when this happens, you can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina. All done - not working still. I could believe it's my issue if app would not work in the past, but this started to be an issue couple days ago. Nothing was done/changed recently with my home network.

I've had similar issues lately. But mine is usually resolved by closing the app and relaunching. Posted here too https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-gets-disconnected-every-couple-of-minutes/m-p/48582...

Hey there @Nomadness,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Just to confirm, were you able to reproduce this when using the Web Player on your Android device from the same network?

If you're able to access the Web Player with no issues on that same device over WiFi, it'd be a good idea heading over to your device's Settings > Apps > locate Spotify on the list > Data Usage and double check that all relevant WiFi network access is toggled to Allowed.

Further, we'd also recommend making sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any cache-clearing or battery optimization apps.

On another note, let us know if @nickmcpimpson does the trick 🙂

Keep us posted!

KaterinaModerator

Here is a quick video of what I've been seeing. Spotify seems to lose connection to itself and can't stream. It requires a kill and relaunch to resume music. This happens at least once a day. If the app isn't explicitly shut, it shouldn't cease working when you return. 

20191126_182541.gif

It continues to happen, in the middle of listening.

Screenshot_20191127-092858.png

Same for me, it works for 10-30 minutes then just stops playing.

Trying to search for any other content keeps loading.

Only thing that still works is offline playlist downloaded before or close/open the app.

Any solution on this ?

I already tried re-install, no success...

Well its the same for me. I can not play Spotify via Wifi neither from the phone or PC. 

Not even closing and opening the app works. 

Streaming only works via Bluetooth.

Hey @hepe,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

It seems that your issue is a bit different than OP. Can you clarify if you're trying to use Spotify Connect over WiFi to play music from you phone/ PC to a speaker? 

Does the speaker appear in the Spotify Connect menu at all?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

Today 24th of March, Palm Sunday,  2024! Still the same problem and seems like Spotify is the only app I have this problem with. This app is defective. Any other music app like YouTube, Amazon music, don't have this problem. WHAT IS IT WITH THIS APP THAT'S SO DIFFERENT!!!????

Suggested posts