Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify streaming songs into download list on cellular data - Data Theft

Spotify streaming songs into download list on cellular data - Data Theft

My user story is pretty much:

As a user, I want to play spotify in my car and only play my downloaded songs so I don't user my cellular data.

I add songs via wifi and download to a playlist on my android phone. That's it. That's ALL I want from Spotify. Play the music I want to hear and nothing else.

Today I get into my car and realize I'm playing my downloaded playlist but I haven't recognized the last three songs. I check and nope ... never heard of those artist and would not have added their songs.

I realize I've been STREAMING these songs that SPOTIFY had DECIDED I NEED TO HEAR.

On my data connection. It sucked 100 mb of my data connection. Without my knowledge or permission. This is DATA THEFT.

This push by Spotify to force their music on me is out of hand.

Their settings are designed to cost you money and I'm about over all of this. There has to be another provider who can do the same thing as spotify.

Oh yeah and their UI for Android is terrible. I'm driving and they keep making it harder to find my music or control my music. FU Spotify. You disrespect your users for your profits.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Android Phone

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @wukitty,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

It sounds like you may have the Autoplay option enabled. With Autoplay when you reach the end of an album, playlist, or selection of songs, Spotify automatically plays similar songs so the music never stops. You can learn how to disable it here

Another setting that may help in reducing data usage is to make sure Download using cellular off. You can find instructions on how to do this, plus other helpful tips and tricks on how to reduce data usage in this Support Article. 

Hope this helps. The Community is a post away, should you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts