Spotify suddenly deleting my offline playlists

Highlighted

Spotify suddenly deleting my offline playlists

birfincankafein
Regular
Im premium spotify user and I have offline playlists and these playlists contains 1500+ song. I keep these musics because Im using metro in my country. I bought premium for this reason.

And with last update I think spotify suddenly deletes my offline musics. I bored to download them again and again. I tried to clean setup on my Android device, used Es File Explorer to delete all spotify datas. I have 32gb sd card and there is no storage problem. I unmount sd card when phone is off.

In summary:

1- Spotify deletes my offline musics and playlists on My Android device. This isn't happen at my laptop. Only my android device.

2- Spotify won't see offline musics sometimes and deletes musics and download them again and again.

3- Spotify app sometimes freezes while loading playlist name, album art, music informations. And sometimes did my clicks and selects slowly.

Why this 3 problems are happens?
42 Replies

Re: Spotify suddenly deleting my offline playlists

mikeybandit
this keeps happening to me im totally sick of it. its not only costing me everytime i have to download all my music again bit its terribly annoying m

cashmoney4278

Same thing happened to me I'm totally gone free with spotify but was premium. Just about 3 or 4 days ago I went into spotify to listen to my over 50 down loads & found that all my favorites got deleted after their system logged me automatically logged me out of my account. Spotify sucks & if it wasn't for u tube saving most of my music I would of been lost. I'm passing this on to all my social media friend's in the network about spotify and for anyone who is premium I feel so bad that you had to pay for something that is worthless. Darryl

Timclement1970
I'm having exactly the same problems. Keeps deleting play list over and over and over again ..... never sure if I have a library or not.

klay1070
Casual Listener

Hello,

I did a little digging on the forums and I found that you are clearly not the only person experiencing this issue. However, I think I see a common factor most of you share.

Unmounting your SD card.

According to this post, other users experienced similar issues due to the SD card being unmounted. Perhaps this is somewhere to start, and your issue is related to that.

Hope that helps.

ULTRAKINGPIN
I have the same problem, it suddenly changes to save the download songs on my device and not on my sdcard, so it deletes 15GB musik, not only that i cant use my spotify libary when im outside of my wifi, its also very annoing to download 1,700 songs over and over again ....
I quit premium for that reason.
Also if there is a speziall offer like "pay one month and use 3" i cant use it becouse im permanent customer?
Mot very user friendly.
I may get premium when they fixed it again, but who knows when it will be.

Mesraim915
So no one from Spotify has replied with a possible solution to this?

wuf_1
Regular

So many people have this issue and it has not been fixed since 2013, seriously ?

(Looking for a new music app soon)

birfincankafein
Regular

I dont know why but Im using Windows 10 Pro x64. I sync my playlists to offline. When my pc crashes cause the battery problem, Spotify deletes my all data and my profile on Spotify Dekstop App. I have to login again and start offline sync again. It starts happening from the last update. 

Version: 1.0.38.171

Krookr33
Casual Listener
I have this problem too. Every few days Spotify changes my storage setting to use internal storage rather than my SD card and then all the songs on my SD card are gone. The best solution I've seen so far is Google Play Music.
SUGGESTED POSTS