NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm offline

Spotify thinks I'm offline

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Xperia L4 but the issue was on Xperia XA2 and Nexus 7 the same. 

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps thinking I'm offline and won't let me search songs or add them to play lists for a couple minutes. Struggles with playing downloaded songs as well. The issue started a good 2 years ago in my old phone, then I changed to this one in May and issue was even worse - I decided to do a clean reinstall, even manually deleting every spotify folder in my phone to do so. It was fine up until last week, when it started re-downloading playlists, randomly shutting down for no reason again and now it's telling me I'm offline, again. This is infuriating, cause I can't listen to something I paid for and sometimes I want to search up a song quickly to add it cause it's on radio or TV and spotify keeps saying I'm offline, even though I have 5 bars. Happens on both Wi-Fi and data. It's incredibly annoying, I don't want to do a clean reinstall every 3 months and remember to download the same songs, ESPECIALLY with my 1,4MB/s speed connection. I'm attaching a screenshot that basically says "can't do that when you're offline" in Polish and also showing my internet connection at the top. 

Screenshot_20200914-195817.png
1 Reply

Hey there @efadfa!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Are you using an SD card on your phone, and if you do can you check it for errors?

It would also be worth a shot to take the card out and play music without it in, to see if the offline message persists.

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. We'd recommend taking a look a this page to see how to clear your cache. 

Does this happen with different accounts for example you can try asking a friend or a family member to log in on your phone to check if they get the same behavior.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts