Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks it is always offline

Spotify thinks it is always offline

Hi, I am on Android 6.0 with my Honor 7 and never really had issues with spotify. But recently spotify started to think it is offline. This can bee seen especially when you go the settings, where most of them are greyed out (eg "Playback (currently not avaible)", translated from german "Wiedergabe (jetzt nicht verfügbar)").

Nevertheless it is possible to browse through certain lists and even download albums and playlist. Other playlists /artist sites do not show up, saying "You are offline".

What#s wrong there? I already tried to uninstall the app, remove the data with android settings, remove the data from within spotify...nothing worked.

This really is annoying!

2 Replies

how would I have any chance to get a solution provided?

I started having this problem the minute I went premium and started downloading songs for offline use. I noticed that whenever I'm offline, I was on a cellular connection. When I'm at home using the wifi, the problem doesn't happen.

Try this:

Go into the spotify app settings and toggle the "Download using cellular" option to ON.

When I did this, I noticed a brief download in the notification bar even though there was nothing to be downloaded (no songs queued to be download).  After that happened, I was online again.

As a safety measure, I toggled that option to OFF afterwards.

Try it and see if it works.

Suggested posts