Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify trying to play songs not downloaded when offline

Spotify trying to play songs not downloaded when offline

I'm frequently having many problems with Spotify but unfortunately it's the least garbage music streaming app I've tried so I just have to suck it up.

My current major problem is Spotify trying to play songs that I don't have downloaded when I don't have an internet connection. For example on my drive home I can hit shuffle play and if I'm lucky get 2 or 3 songs in before it queues up a song that isn't on the phone and it continues to load more unplayable songs on the queue. The only solution is to open my phone and go to Spotify and hit shuffle again which is incredibly annoying and also extremely dangerous. No amount of reboots or reinstallations has helped this issue.

Using an HTC 10 running viper10 on Android 7.0 but this problem persisted even on the stock HTC OS and across Android versions 5, 6, and 7.

3 Replies

Hey @shadow0820.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community about this. We're here to help you out 🙂

This might sound obvious, but it's a quick fix for a lot of issues that our users face on the app: could you first restart your device and then perform a clean reinstall by following the steps provided here?

We also recommend that, if you only want Spotify to play the songs you've downloaded, you put it on Offline mode in Settings.

Let us know how it goes! 

I've already done all that, restarting or reinstalling does not help. 

Also Spotify does this regardless of whether or not offline mode is on

Hey @shadow0820.

Thanks for letting us know.

There might be a problem with your offline devices. We recommend you remove all your offline devices by going here and then redownload your music for offline listening. 

Let us know if this helps! We'll be here if you need anything else.

Suggested posts