Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify unbearably slow when saving to SD Card

Spotify unbearably slow when saving to SD Card

I bought a Samsung 64GB SD card (Class 10) to use with Spotify and my S7 Edge. However when trying to store the data on the SD card, the Spotify App becomes unusable. Playlists take 30-60 seconds to load, songs take upto 30 seconds to skip, and the app constantly freezes.

I have tried the clean install, deleting all the relevant folders within both internal storage and deleting offline devices from my Spotify account, however the problem still exists after several attempts. Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

5 Replies

Same here, on S8 with a Samsung micro SDXC EVO PLUS UHS-1 64GB card. I have to leave it ~2 minutes after I open spotify in orded to 'setlle' and be able use the phone.

I would suggest running an SD read/write test on the SD card, I did it and found the transfer speed was way to slow, the best speed I got was 20mbs read/4mbs write straight after a reformat, but this slowed pretty much straight away to 8mbs read/ 1.5mbs write. I recommend 'A1 SD Bench' to test.

I bought this (newer version with faster read/write speeds - I get 57mb/s read/ 33 mb/s write) and found that it worked seemlessly - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XFWPXYD/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

Hope this helps

I have 57 MB/s read and 17 MB/s write; the test was made with ~30GB of spotify music on it.

Is your SD card encrypted?

No, no encryption whatsoever.

Suggested posts