Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

ANDROID

My Question or Issue

I have tried everything to make Spotify work reliably on my phone; it will NOT work. It takes forever to load when it does and then it is super slow when it does work. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app multiple times, I have cleared the cache, my phone is updated, the app is updated.... I am so SICK of this stupid app that I am paying for. Also, the app doesn't even work when I am connected to WIFI. I am really thinking of going to a different streaming service soon. Also, I do NOT want a link to the "Help" page on Spotify. None of those things work and I am sick of not being able to get help the old fashioned way: by talking to someone. Spotify is the worst app I have and I pay for it!!!!

1 Reply

Hey there @richajen,

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

If the app is still slow to load, follow these steps:

1. Do a clean reinstall. It's different and more efficient than a regular reinstall.

2. Enable Permissions for Spotify: Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

3. Check if Spotify is not selected for battery optimization: Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

4. Restart the phone.

Following these instructions ensures nothing in the Settings is preventing your app from functioning correctly. Let us know if that boosted the performance of your app 🙂 

If not, can you give us your Spotify version? 

Thanks in advance!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts