Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have a Pioneer MVH-2400NEX and Spotify plays through Android Auto and also streams via bluetooth, however when I choose to use the spotify stand alone app on the receiver it just says "No Device Connected". As you can see it shows my phone is connected to bluetooth but it will not connect. I have updated firmware on my radio as well as updated all apps and phone. I really wish someone could figure out the problem with this as its quite annoying not being able to get to playlists from the indash.

Spotify.jpg
56 Replies

Same problem with my MVH-Z5050BT and Galaxy S8+.  I think a recent Spotify update broke the functionality with a lot of 3rd party equipement out there.

For now, I've rolled back to Spotify V8.4.77.779 (from apkmirror) to restore operation until they get it sorted out.

I've been in touch with Pioneer in my part of the world and had some correspondence with them, hopefully they're able to get in touch with the right Spotify people to get it sorted out.

I have been looking for a solution to this problem for over a month!

Confirmed that rolling back to 8.4.77.779 on my S9 fixed this same issue I was having with the MVH-2300NEX unit in my car. After installing this version I’m able to use the Spotify app at the stereo rather than having to use Bluetooth. What’s strange is that the newest version of the Spotify app would work fine with the AVH-X491BHS unit I have in my truck (maybe because it’s almost 2 years old and never had a firmware update? Not likely but stranger things have happened). That was both puzzling and frustrating at the same time.

I have the same issue. Works fine with bluetooth stream and android auto, but the spotify built in app will not see each other. Get the no device is connected error. using the MVH-2400NEX and my Galaxy 9+ with the latest spotify version and Android 9 Pie.

@JarrodGB wrote:

I have the same issue. Works fine with bluetooth stream and android auto, but the spotify built in app will not see each other. Get the no device is connected error. using the MVH-2400NEX and my Galaxy 9+ with the latest spotify version and Android 9 Pie.

Jarrod,

Roll back to the version noted above and you'll be working again. I have a Galaxy 9 with Android Pie and the version above fixes the issue. Just make sure you don't install the latest Spotify update otherwise you'll have to roll back again. 

I'm having the same exact problem.  When I went to APKMirror to get the older version, it said Spotify had pulled all versions from the site, so now this work around won't work.   Any other ideas to solve this annoying problem?

I gave up actually. My Pandora works fine. Just spotify still will not connect.

@ALB6 wrote:

I'm having the same exact problem.  When I went to APKMirror to get the older version, it said Spotify had pulled all versions from the site, so now this work around won't work.   Any other ideas to solve this annoying problem?

That's a bit rude of them!  Considering how long it has been since they broke it and now trying to remove old caches of it around the internet, it's starting to look very intentional.  I start to wonder why.  But considering it's a feature I particularly want, if I have to go back to plain Bluetooth streaming on my head unit, Spotify will no longer me my preferred application.

I'm having the same issue on my S9+ and before that, my s8. Is there a fix? 

The fix sugged here (at least for me) was to roll back the Spotify app on my androd to version 8.4.77.779.  

Interestingly, I was talking with someone who works at Spotify (not in app developement) and his guess on why this is happening is because Apple made Spotify change its app (I didn't understand why) and because the iphone app and the Android app are developed together, he thinks the change required by Apple caused this problem.  I have no idea why nor do I know if they are working on it.  Either way, the work around worked for me.

I have similar problems when connecting to my Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB.

Seems that Spotify on Android must be be running BEFORE the bluetooth connection with the Pioneer car radio is made.

My workaround is to autostart Spotify with an app:

- Install Google Play app named "Trigger".

- Create a task that starts when a bluetooth connection is made with the Pioneer radio.

- Add Actions: Disable Bluetooth -> Start Spotify -> Pause 2 secs -> Make bluetooth connection with Pioneer radio (which also enable bluetooth)

Works for me and there's no need to install an old Spotify version.

Too bad Spotify won't fix this..

Thanks for your suggestion. My only question about the Trigger app is that doesn't it continue to loop this same trigger over and over again? I only see the trigger that would "disable bluetooth IF connected to 'car radio'" . That means once it is connected to the pioneer it will disable bluetooth, run spotify, then renable blue tooth and connect to the car.   Then it will do it again and again.

I think they that is missing here is there was no choice in trigger to do anything when bluetooth connection is initially connecting.  It's either on or off.
I'd love to us this solution just need clarification on; "Create a task that starts when a bluetooth connection is made with the Pioneer radio."

thanks

There's an Trigger option/setting to prevent repeating tasks (loops) within a adjustable timeframe.

I only downloaded the trial version  and didn't see that option. Probably in the Pro opaid version.

Thanks

This option is available in the free version.

In Trigger homescreen go to Settings -> Tasks

The app is called "Trigger - Task Launcher". (http://gettrigger.com)
There's an optional in-app upgrade to the paid version, but I don't need it for this..

Cover art

Good to know - Thanks again for your input.

Well it's now mid July, wanted to tell y'all the lastest version of Spotify works properly....

Radio reads it normally. 

It works some days. Lol! Some days not.

Cheers for the update, I've just tried the latest verison and it seems to work for me too.

@MadeK wrote:

I have similar problems when connecting to my Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB.

Seems that Spotify on Android must be be running BEFORE the bluetooth connection with the Pioneer car radio is made.

My workaround is to autostart Spotify with an app:

- Install Google Play app named "Trigger".

- Create a task that starts when a bluetooth connection is made with the Pioneer radio.

- Add Actions: Disable Bluetooth -> Start Spotify -> Pause 2 secs -> Make bluetooth connection with Pioneer radio (which also enable bluetooth)

Works for me and there's no need to install an old Spotify version.

Too bad Spotify won't fix this..

Good find, MadeK!

I can confirm that this method of disconnecting/launching app/reconnecting works with the latest app version.

I'm a Tasker user since 2011 and if anyone on here uses it as well, you can create a similar sequence by creating a profile that runs on the Bluetooth Connected state and, when it connects, run a task that disconnects the Bluetooth connection, launches Spotify, waits 2 seconds, then reconnects Bluetooth. Works like a champ.

Suggested posts