Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have a Pioneer MVH-2400NEX and Spotify plays through Android Auto and also streams via bluetooth, however when I choose to use the spotify stand alone app on the receiver it just says "No Device Connected". As you can see it shows my phone is connected to bluetooth but it will not connect. I have updated firmware on my radio as well as updated all apps and phone. I really wish someone could figure out the problem with this as its quite annoying not being able to get to playlists from the indash.

Spotify.jpg
56 Replies

Same problem with Pioneer AVH-2300NEX.  It connects for half a minute then disconects

I have the same problem with my AVH-A3100DAB, Spotify has not worked properly since the day I bought the receiver last summer. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it just says "disconnected"
I'm so disappointed this still has not yet been fixed

Y'all's firmware current on the radio?

Still works on mine. Sometimes I had to go to Bluetooth so it can find a stream but mostly it finds Spotify right off. 

20190727_080650.jpg

I've discovered that the issue is primarily procedural.

As long as I have the spotify app running on the android phone and also physically plugged over USB prior to starting the car, the phone will connect 100% of the time. If I'm driving and the USB cable comes loose or wiggles (lose connection on phone) it will never connect to the receiver until I power off the car completely. Turning the receiver on and off doesn't really turn off power from going to the receiver unless the car is off. If keyed acc is on, then the receiver is still receiving power.

firmware is up to date on receiver as well.  I'm also using USB-C which there is a known bug with the pioneers we're talking about.  The trigger app the guys were talking about previously will totally work as its just being consistant with the procedure.

thats interesting. only time i use the usb is when i wanted the navigation. otherwise im bluetooth......99.9% of the time.

whats this usb c issue? first ive heard it.

I still seem to be having this issue on my AVH-2550NEX. Typically, the unit could pickup Spotify being open or playing over bluetooth, but I keep getting the same message and no way to get around it. Even now when I use the bluetooth option and try to get down to the root, it only displayings something for radio.com and now my playlists. At this point I can only use Spotify slightly over bluetooth and via Android Auto, which I don't want to be doing every time. I tried using Trigger, but that has not resolved the issue either because my unit isn't connecting to Spotify. 

So far the only fullproof way (with the newest software/firmware on the unit) is  this rocedure. ( I do not need to use Trigger)

1) you must have the phone connected prior to the receiver being powered on. As a rule, I plug it in to USB before I start the car to be safe.

2) You must unock the phone prior to the receviver being powered on. As a rule, I unlock the phone prior to starting the car.

When I do this, it has worked 100% of the time for me.

Circumstances where I still get the issue:

While driving, if I remove the cable or wiggle it to disrupt the USB connection, the phone will disconnect and will not re-connect at all. The only way to reconnect is to shut off full power to the receiver and the only way I've found that to work every time is to power off the vehicle completely. Just powering off the receiver from the front panel buttons does not disconnect power completely from the receiver.

This is what works for me.

I have finally found the solution to the problem!

My phone would only connect if I had first launched spotify on my phone before I started the car, and then it would still only work occasionally. It would just say 'disconnected' whenever I tried to connect. 

The issue is not spotify or Pioneer, the problem is in the Android settings on your phone. 

Go to settings - battery - App Launch

Find your spotify app and turn off manage automatically, leave auto launch, secondary launch and run in background enabled and press ok.

I have tested it for a week now and it connects to my Pioneer unit every single time with no issues.

Please respond if this is solving your problem as well

Thanks for the info unfortunately, I dont have "app-Launch", 'manage automatically", "Autolaunch", "secondary launch" or "run in background"  within  my battery setting.

The method I had working for a few months completely stopped working this week and I cant connect at all no matter what happens.  So frusstrating.

Worked for me.... MVH-Z5050BT - Huawei P30Pro
Thanks a bunch!

I recently bought the Pioneer AVH-Z5250BT, and I am having a problem trying to get the Spotify in dash to work via bluetooth for my samsung/android phone. It is working via bluetooth audio (which I cannot control my spotify library, playlist l, select a song and stuff) . Can somebody assist me on this one? I am getting the error “No device connected. When safe, connect device and reattempt connection”. 

The solution is, you need to have Spotify running in the background before starting the stereo.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

If you still experience this issue, we'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues. If that doesn't help, you can check these steps.

Does this happen when you try with another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Reverting to 8.4.77.779 fixed the issue for me on my new DMH-1500NEX!! Connects every time I turn the car on.

Seems like Spotify would be able to figure this out by now!

This is not fix for that problem, same thing for me. I have pioneer AVH-Z7100 and it disconnects all of the time. Even I just changed to new phone (Oneplus 9 pro).

Hey @sekokupu,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried reinstalling the app following the steps @Ver sent previously?

On another note, could you let us know if the issue persists using a USB cable as well?

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

My fix was I just quit using it and use android auto for everything. Only issue I get is Spotify doesn't respond if I have continuous connection issues with USB c but that's a cable issue 99% of the time. I even turned off the Spotify option in the radio.

I changed whole phone (so yes, I have fresh install of Spotify) and problem still exists, like many other users do. Same was on old phone, hoped that changing phone would help but no.

If I use cable, I use andoid auto -functionality. Phone thing is that it's easy to use without any cables.

Hey @sekokupu and @JarrodGB,

Thanks for posting. 

Could you make sure that Spotify is excluded from any battery optimization services and is allowed to run in the background? It's also a good idea to double check that the app has all permissions enabled.

If that doesn't fix things - could you share after how long the connection over Bluetooth drops? Does it happen at a specific point (e.g. end of a song, changing the volume..) or when connecting via Bluetooth to another device, a speaker for example? A recording of the issue would also help us get to the bottom of this quicker. We'd also appreciate it if you share the make, model, OS version and exact Spotify version you're running. 

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No batteryoptimizations in new or my old phone. Not going to give every permission for spotify (like camera).

No clear thing what causes connection drop, sometimes works fine, sometimes does not work at all when headunit starts. Usualle connection drops after a while. And like earlier posts states, bluetooth streaming works but spotify integration fails.

Spotify version 8.6.18.720

Oneplus 9 Pro

Android version 11 with security update 2021-03-01 / Google play system update 1 Marc 2021.

This issue is with multiple phones and os/spotify versions as stated in this thread. Maybe I have to revert too to older version if Spotify can't fix this issue.

Suggested posts