Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12, NVIDIA Shield Pro, Google Home Mini, Nest Hub Max, Vizio P-Series

Operating System

iOS 14.3, Shield android TV SW version 8.2.1

My Question or Issue

Spotify only works on my laptop and iPhone. This started randomly happening a few days ago. I was unable to cast to the google home, TV, or shield from my phone. I also cannot open Spotify on the shield or google home by itself. If I try to relink the account on the shield, it gets to the point where you enter a code and it will populate the account to the sign in screen but clicking to login does nothing. The account name just turns grey. Sometimes it will throw an error but it isn't always the same error. The one I see currently is 6ec9e8e797d24981a22490d2419f9925. On the nest hub max (google home) it will attempt to open spotify, show a play bar and a counter with 0:00 for about 10 seconds and then say something went wrong and quit out. When I try to cast from my phone to the hub, it will show connecting in the app indefinitely and never connect.

I've run through all of the troubleshooting possible from these forums as well as what tech support provided to include:

Unlinking and relinking account to google

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone and shield

Deleting my google home and rebuilding it

Rebooting each of the devices and my router

Attempting to connect to a different Spotify account

All my devices connect to the internet fine and with the exception of Spotify seem to have no issues at all. I can airplay Spotify to my TV, but using the Spotify cast option doesn't work. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I figured out how to fix it. I did a full reset of my ONT and that has fixed it. I imagine something to do with the MAC addresses. Router reset did nothing but resetting the actual network terminal fixed it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @Komodomoe

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for letting us know what you've tried.

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using any of the affected devices to see if they can replicate it? 

Also, a screenshot or a screen recording of these errors could help us take a better look. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Your site won’t let me upload photos from my phone because it says they are in the incorrect format (jpeg) when i’m fairly certain the files are .jpg anyway. The pictures probably wont add much expanding information and as I said I tried logging in with a different account on those devices with no luck.

Hey there @Komodomoe,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Can you try with a clean reinstall of the app? This is different than a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

It's also always good to keep you app up to date

Let us know how everything goes. We're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

I figured out how to fix it. I did a full reset of my ONT and that has fixed it. I imagine something to do with the MAC addresses. Router reset did nothing but resetting the actual network terminal fixed it.

Hey @Komodomoe,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're glad to know that it was fixed for you and thanks for sharing the solution here in the Community, as it might be helpful for other users too.

If you need a hand with anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts