NEXT STEP

Spotify will not recognize SD card

Spotify will not recognize SD card

Device

Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 9 with September security patch

My Question or Issue

Spotify refuses to acknowledge my SD card on my S9+. It has been this way since I bought this home. Google Play Music and any other app has absolutely no problems with my SD card, this problem is solely related to Spotify.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, ensured it's updated, and also deleted the folder Internal Storage > Android > Data > com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

None of this has made a single difference. I can't fit all my music on a 64gb phone, and it's stupid for me to have to pick and choose which playlists to download when I have a 128gb sd card sitting there useless inside the phone. Spotify needs to address this, I have owned my phone for a year and SD card functionality has never worked. The button to store music in my SD card simply isn't there like it was on every other Android I own.

3 Replies

Hey @davidaxxa,

Thanks for reinstalling and for letting us know about this issue.  

Please make sure to enable permission for storage option for Spotify. This can be accessed by going to Settings>Apps>Spotify>Permissions>Storage.

Could you try a clean reisntall after that? This is different than just reinstalling and will take care of the cache in case something is wrong with it. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Peyta,

Thanks for the reply. I followed both instructions, and still have no ability to store my music on my SD card. Attached is a picture of my storage options.
[Image]

Hi, these still does not change anything on my phone.

Suggested posts