Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will start playing music on it's own.

Spotify will start playing music on it's own.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galxaxy A40 & S9

Operating System

Not sure, what ever the latest is as at date of post

My Question or Issue

I am having a recurring issue where Spotify will start playing music by itself. Both me and my partner experience the issue on each of our phones, they are both logged into the same account.

As I said the issue is recurring, we went a very long time without it happening but on the 12th and 13th August 2020 it happened again on my partner's phone, the S9 at 12:12am and 01:38am respectively. Of course you can understand that this isnt ideal. As stated this has happened in the past, most times we have noticed it has been at night but it has also occurred during the day.

We usually play music from my phone, the A40 whilst it is connected to our Sonos. The music played by Spotify when it starts itself is always from the most recently played playlist and will always be the start of a song that wasnt playing when we disconnected from the Sonos, as though Spotify has hit shuffle on the most recently played playlist.

I've tried a few fixes I've seen, kicking all devices off the account, disabling notifications etc. but nothing has worked.

Any help appreciated.

1 Reply

Hey there @Eggroll1510,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this? If you do, we’d first recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your phone to make sure you get the latest app version. If this doesn't do the trick, try re-pairing your phone to the Sonos speaker.   

Let us know how it goes! We’ll be right here if you still need help.   

Suggested posts