Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't **bleep** off

Spotify won't **bleep** off

Spotify**bleep** forever and always

4 Replies

God I **bleep**ing hate you cunts

Hey @swanky-n-spanky,

I want to help you, but your cuss words get bleeped out and I can't help you when almost everything is a bleep, so could you tell me your problem again without the cuss words?

Hey bud.

Spotify refuses to accept any alternative to staying permanently open in the background of my device, no matter what settings i change.

Combined with a range of other bugs and irks in it's functionality, it is causing issues with other software and peripherals I am using; making me practically unable to operate them.

So, I need a way to MAKE Spotify close, even when it wants to stay silently running in the background.

Also, your text boxes on this forum are still dysfunctional on mobile web browsers, and it only seems to be getting worse. Seems it has something to do with automatic screen snapping, and possibly with how the typing functions interact with text input fields.

Also, **bleep** Spotify.

Hey @swanky-n-spanky,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you tried turning off the Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer and close button should minimize the Spotify window to the tray options, right? These can be found in the Setting menu under  Startup and Windows behavior. 

If that doesn't do the trick, its possible that some of the apps files have gotten corrupted. This is usually resolved by performing a clean reinstall. You can find the necessary steps here. It's also a good idea to check your hosts file for Spotify entries and remove them. You can learn how to do this a bit further down on this page. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts