Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't close.

Spotify won't close.

Exactly, after i swipe up to close spotify it just keeps playing music and then i have to manually force stop it from the settings. And secondly, the widget to spotify player doesn't work properly but that's the least of my problems.
7 Replies

Is this on an android device?

Yes

I had no idea you could close apps in android by swiping up - I thought this was an apple thing. On my phone this gesture does nothing.

What device and android version are you using and can you point me to something which says you can close an app by swiping up?

Honor 6 marshmallow. And i just press the square at the bottom of it and it let's my swipe up to close them.
Screenshot_2016-07-31-12-54-22.png
Screenshot_2016-07-31-12-54-25.png

Ah thanks, that's an eMui thing and not standard in android OS. I'm also aware that using the huawei lockscreen prevent the lockscreen notifications from appearing. You can get the lockscreen notification back by either disabling the loackscreen, installing a third party lockscreen app or a new launcher app.

As for the swiping up gesture not working, does long touching the app in the recent apps screen pop up the option to close it as in stock android? If not, maybe try a different launcher as this should solve the issue.

No no no, I can swipe up and the app closes and so does the widget in my home screen. The thing is that it keeps playing music after i have swiped up. This came when i updated to marshmallow. Ps: the lock screen notifications work just fine... I didn't say anything about them not working.

Oh I'm sorry, I totally misunderstood. I've never heard of this happening before but suggest you try reinstalling spotify to see if it helps. Please follow the steps in this post.

Suggested posts