Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't connect to Chromecast Audio today?

Spotify won't connect to Chromecast Audio today?

Hi!

I have Spotify Premium, the last few weeks I have experienced that I lost the

connection between my Spotify app (both ios and Android).

I've been able to reconnect, but today no connection at all?!

I can stream and cast from other apps except Spotify?

Everything is updated (Chromecast and Apps) re-installed everything...same...

Help!

Allan Nielsen

Denmark

13 Replies

I am also in Denmark and have exactly the same problem.

Thanks! Then I'm not crazy! 😄

Hi,

Same problem here. Other apps work fine (chrome, netflix, etc.) only spotify won't connect. I can see both my chromcast2 and chromcast audio, but spotify keeps trying to connect and nothing happens. Reinstalled everything, rebooted everything, everything is up to date, having problems with my iphone 6s, iphone 5s and samsung galaxy.

Please fix this..

Pieter,

Netherlands

You are definitely not crazy. It's Spotify that are having some serious problems at the moment. I went to the gym today and when I got home nothing worked. Before I left it was working fine but now when trying to cast Spotify nothing happens.

And now suddenly everything started working again. So weird.

//Daniel
Finland

And now it is working for me too 🙂

Can this maybe be a router problem? That is the only thing I haven't checked other than just rebooting it. But it is very weird that all other apps just work (including spotify web player in chrome..)

Now mine works again.....?

But why..?

Plugged out my audiocast for 20 min (power and jack), restarted my router (but not necessary I think), and it works again. 

Almost certainly a server-side fix from Spotify since the problem stopped for all us within minutes.

My guess is that it is login/authentication related. When you stream to a Chromecast, your phone does in fact not stream to the Chromecast. Rather it tells your Chromecast what to stream from Spotify (which is great since it means it does not drain your battery). Probably what happened was that our phones successfully asked the Chromecast devices to stream, but the Chromecast devices were unable to login/authenticate against the Spotify streaming servers due to a bug on the servers. A bug that has now been fixed.

I believe that spotify has some server issues or something. That would explain why the chromecast can't connect. Cos the Chromecast streams the music directly from Spotify, not your phone.

It's working again here too. 

General Mobile GM5 plus
Stock Android 7.1.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 9.7
Stock Android 6.0.1

Sweden here, won't work from today either. Soundcloud from android works, from browser it works, but not from Spotify on iOs, android or PC.

Suggested posts