Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't load on Galaxy S5

Spotify won't load on Galaxy S5

Hello. I can't get Spotify to load anymore. I just keep getting a dialog box saying 'Spotify has had to close'. I'm a premium member and the service has been great up until now. I have tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and re-installing the app and all the standard stuff. I can't get a reply from Spotify direct. Can anyone suggest anything? Thank you
36 Replies

Same issue. Dont waste your time, i already did a hard reset of my phone, format the sd card and even login with a different account that a spotify representative sent me to see if that helps. But none of those solutions solved the crashing in my s5. It was, as for you, after installing the last update... i had no issues before that. I am considering about moving to deezer... any thoughts???

I have this problem and have had it for approximately 28,5 hours now. I have Samsung Galaxy S5 and Spotify Premium (have had the same account for a few years now). Never before have I had such a problem with Spotify as this one and I'm starting to get extremely frustrated.

I've clean uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify for THREE times today but it doesn't help at all. What happens when I try to open Spotify (either via the quick link icon on my [mobile] desktop, via the 'Apps' -menu or via Play store's 'OPEN' -tab), is that I just get the faded black background with the uppermost 'Spotify' menu tab and nothing else, although during the past few hours I've seen the upmost menu with the tabs for 'Albums', 'Artists' etc and then the green circular loading icon where the most recently played albums/artists normally show. It stays either black with only the upper menu bar or with the tabs on the top of the front page (varying between the two of them randomly but most of the time it's just black screen) for 1-8 seconds and then just crashes. It does not even give the 'Spotify has stopped' -notification with the 'OK' and 'Report' buttons but merely approximately one out of ten times out of crashing. I've vigorously pressed the 'Report' button and written descriptions of what is happening almost every time the option to report the issue has been given to me.

I would have had a dire need for this service during this time period of 28,5 hours now and seeing that I am paying for the service, I am filing a reclamation via my phone service provider since I pay for Spotify through my phone service provider (in my phone bills).

Please fix this issue ASAP.

To add, I was running the second to last version of Android until today (this was due to pure laziness on my part) but installing the newest version didn't change anything.

Also, my partner has Spotify Premium on his Samsung Note 2 and does not have this issue with his Spotify account.

same issue since earlier this week.

worked perfectly fine on my new samsung s5 with premium account (without sd) until a few days ago, the screen goes black and the program crashes after a few seconds.

please fix this as soon as possible!

btw... my old s3 mini does not have this problem, spotify works perfectly well.

YESSS!

I just got the latest Android software update, ran it through and voila! Spotify works just as it should. Well, admittedly only tried listening to one fifth of a song but nonetheless, it works totally normally now. Layout is as it should be as in no glitches that I could see, no loading or waiting, it runs swiftly and smoothly.

PHEW!

Aaand right after I'd pressed 'post' on my last comment Android threw me yet another software update. Installed it straight away as well and Spotify works normally still. I don't know where exactly the problem lied, but oh my goodness am I glad the problem got fixed.

Okay.... and now as I am typing this, Android is pushing me yet another software update...? THIRD in a row within an hour or so. I wish I'd checked the size of the update I JUST got through installing to see if this is some kind of strange software update loop I'm dealing with right now. Going to run this one as well and see what happens (concerning Spotify) and keep in mind the size of this particular update it is giving now to see if it does this again and if so, if the next one is the same size as this one I'm about to install.

Strange. Anyone else have this happening or is this just an oddity exclusive to my phone?

Done installing the third software update within the past hour and Spotify is working normally. But now I have yet ANOTHER software update to install, different size as the one I just installed. Well, I'm going to keep updating my device and will check back in here if anything changes concerning Spotify.

I hope everyone who has had the initial issue with Spotify not working at all get this fix as well!

(Galaxy S5)

Okay, after FIVE Android software updates within the past 1,5 hours or so Spotify keeps on running smoothly without glitching or crashing. What fixed the issue with Spotify not working at all (for me) was the 1st out of the five software updates I got within the past hour and a half. Just mentioning that particular detail because I was overjoyed when Spotify began working again but was worried the rest of the device software updates might have brought yet new problems with Spotify, but everything works as it should. And just mentioning again that I'm using Galaxy S5.

hello, what software update are you talking about? android perhaps? can you please tell us what is your current andriod OS version? and what was the version where you initially had the issue? thanks.

I went to settings, about device, software update and installed the update. After the installation and reset spotify is working fine. Thanks 🙂

I am running on Android 5.0 and got the same issue after updating the OS.

I was running on OS 5.0 when SPotify crashed. I did a factory reset and update my OS to 5.0 but it didn't work either. 

Today i re-installed previous spotify version and is working. 

Hopefully they will fix the latest version. 

Best Regards, 

To install the previous version you can do this: 

This troubleshooting was provided in another forum by Spotify expert. 

It WORKED!!! Although is a temporary solution it actually worked! Thanks for the solution. However we need a response from spotify since we are paying for the service.
Thanks again.

I am running Android OS 5.0 and the updates (five in a row for some reason, unknown to me) that I installed today were all Android software (device performance) updates. These were all downloaded into my device automatically and I installed each of them as soon as they popped into my device (which I don't always do out of laziness but instead let them just sit unistalled for varying periods of time, oops..). I am unsure if for some reason my automatic device updates were backlogged or something but they were all just automatic updates to the current OS as far as I know and saw.

And the first of them today was the one that fixed this Spotify issue. Unfortunately I didn't read the info on what exactly that particular update was for before installing it (I don't even know if there is a way to see detailed info on what's included in each individual basic operating system software update, except for what it says on the notification page about a new update being available for installing that pops on the screen when a new OS software update is [automatically] downloaded to the device, by which I refer to the size of the update and the basic 'improved performance' text, both of which can be seen under the 'Update details' part of the new available update page that you see before pressing the 'Install' -button on that page - I hope this makes at least some sort of sense!). I did read and screenshot the rest of these updates that were all normally, automatically downloaded to my device today and they were all just for 'improved performance' and varied in size. The first one that fixed the Spotify issue was bigger in size than the rest four of today's updates, though.

Ugh, I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to this kind of tech so I don't know if any of this makes sense, my apologies if not!

I wish I knew exactly what it was in that particular operating system software update that fixed the Spotify issue so I could be of more help for people with the same issue!

I am so sorry if that ^ comment doesn't make sense, English is not my first language.

I have the same problem with my S5.. but I don't have a pending update.. I installed the apk shared here and now it is working ok... Please fix this issue.

Suggested posts