Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't load on my HTC Incredible

Solved!

Spotify won't load on my HTC Incredible

Hey guys, I have spotify premium and it's on my htc incredible. I've had it for over six months, but recently i've been having problems. When i press the icon, the screen turns black, then brings me back to the home screen. any help? also, i have been getting messages that something on my sd card cant be read, if that helps. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Right on...spotify crashes on the android...they just havent got it right yet i guess. but they will throw it out there anyways and just hope to debug as it progresses on. Horrible engineering...they will get...we just have to wait. Or its just everyone with an HTC. Spotify Should make an app for htc users if it crashes so much for us...but that just wont happen.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Device: Droid Incredible 2 HTC

Operating System: Android 2.3.4 

Problem: I am a Spotify Premium user, and I love it. I use it on my desktop and mobile, and recently, I could no longer open the Spotify application. It simply turned dark and returned to the home page. 

Solution: I fixed my Spotify by doing a couple of steps. One, remove the SD card and put it back in. Then go to Settings -> SD & phone storage and make sure your SD card is mounted and ready to go. After doing this, Spotify worked perfectly again for me. Hopefully what I did to fix it will fix your issues as well and allow everyone to enjoy Spotify once again. As for the Spotify developers, I recommend atleast redirecting to an on-board storage unit, notifying the user that Spotify cannot open due to SD card errors. Just a thought.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I had the same problem when I put Spotify on my HTC Incredible.  When I try to open the app, the screen goes black and returns to the homepage.  I've already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and the same thing happens.  Any ideas?

Hello.

Sadly, the HTC Incredible is not a supported device at present, so we can't say that we will be able to get this up and running. However, there might be a couple of things you could try.

First of all, a slight twist on clean installation - Follow the steps here, but download the application from a different location. If you previously downloaded it from the Android Marketplace, try downloading it from m.spotify.com. Likewise, if you had downloaded it from the mobile website, install it from the Android Marketplace. 

You might also want to make sure that your updated to the latest version of Gingerbread (if you haven't already, or if you haven't updated to ICS).

Airhorn Enthusiast

This is really frustrating. Updating my Incredible to the latest version made Spotify non-functioning on the phone. All methods of reinstallation don't work.

There's no fix coming for this? Can you be more specific about whether or not this will be patched? I use Spotify mostly while I'm commuting; I'm in the ridiculous position of having to buy a new phone in order to get your application to function.

I'm in the same boat. I bought Spotify Premium, so I can listen to my music on my HTC Droid Incredible while I commute. This has been a pretty popular phone. Why isn't it supported? What are the chances of its becoming supported?

If its not a supported device, why when I log in from my phone to m.spotify.com it tells me it is supported and gives me a link to download the app.  I am beyond upset that this is no longer a supported device.  I have used it for months now, only to tap the icon yesterday and find it not working.  I am definately cancelling today and spreading the news about how upset I am with this service. 

I am having the same problem. Until yesterday everything was fine. I assume there will be some sort of refund for those of us who have paid only to have the application quit working? If not, this was a good way to lose a lot of customers.

I had the same problom and i had to go into hboot and reset my phone to factory settings and its been working ever since a few months now. im running on an HTC vivid but they run the same software so that shouldnt matter...i know you dont wanna here that but it worked for me.

Marked as solution

Right on...spotify crashes on the android...they just havent got it right yet i guess. but they will throw it out there anyways and just hope to debug as it progresses on. Horrible engineering...they will get...we just have to wait. Or its just everyone with an HTC. Spotify Should make an app for htc users if it crashes so much for us...but that just wont happen.

Marked as solution

Device: Droid Incredible 2 HTC

Operating System: Android 2.3.4 

Problem: I am a Spotify Premium user, and I love it. I use it on my desktop and mobile, and recently, I could no longer open the Spotify application. It simply turned dark and returned to the home page. 

Solution: I fixed my Spotify by doing a couple of steps. One, remove the SD card and put it back in. Then go to Settings -> SD & phone storage and make sure your SD card is mounted and ready to go. After doing this, Spotify worked perfectly again for me. Hopefully what I did to fix it will fix your issues as well and allow everyone to enjoy Spotify once again. As for the Spotify developers, I recommend atleast redirecting to an on-board storage unit, notifying the user that Spotify cannot open due to SD card errors. Just a thought.

Just removed and re-inserted SD card and re-started phone and it worked.  Thanks so much!

Brilliant, worked here as well. HTC Sensation XE

Im in a similar situation. I installed spotify premium on my htc 8s windows phone but as yet havnt managed to hear any music! Ive tried turning off and restarting the phone but i still get the same; i try to play something and I just get the moving dots. Help!

I have an HTC Droid and am paying for premium, but I am always in offline mode and even toggled the offline mode button so I am not. I cant search any songs, even when I am connected to wifi.

Suggested posts