Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't open on my Samsung S5

Spotify won't open on my Samsung S5

Hi, I am a paying customer with Spotify premium however when I try and open it, it crashes straight away. I have tried deleting it and reinstalling but that doesn't work. I've cleared all the data in my settings and deleted lots of apps to make sure I had enough room. I don't have an SD card but it worked fine before. I logged into another account on my phone and that crashed too. I'm out of options and really need help! Thank you
12 Replies

Hi. Is it possible for you to reset your device to original factory settings? Maybe some files are messed up in the software system...

I've got this problem, don't fancy resetting my phone just for spotify though..seems too much effort considering I have over 32gb memory used on my phone plus a 64gb memory card. Would have to transfer all to a laptop and back again which would take a days. Is there not another solution?

If spotify doesn't open, it could be because it is bad installed or some other app is messing with it. Maybe you could try to unnistall antivirus, task killers, clean apps or anything like that to check.....although maybe you won't find it and you'll be still stuck with the problem. I think that process will take longer that if you reset your device...that's why I suggested but I understand that doing that you'll have to backup everything.

I haven't got any anti-virus apps

that was just an example, any app that touches system files could potentially made spotify malfunction...you have to guess which app could be. Finding that app could be a hard task to do.

What types of apps could do that?

Maybe task killers, cleaning apps, etc...

I don't have any of those, just have the normal Facebook,snap chat, nothing that sorts files or anything

by the way have you reinstalled Spotify? You could try that too

Yep, done it twice, still just shuts. I open it, the screen goes black and goes back to my home screen

Uhmm let's see.....

Maybe you could try installing an old version. You should remember which app version was the latest that worked ok on your phone. Find it in the link below and install it:

To install the previous version you can do this: 

I've never had it before, thought I'd give it a go. Not sure I want to now, more hassle than its worth. Looks like I'm not the only one having this problem, maybe it's the app itself. Thanks for your help though, I'll try downloading an old version first, if that doesn't work ill just give up.

Suggested posts