Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play certain songs on mobile phone offline

Spotify won't play certain songs on mobile phone offline

INFO: United Kingdom, Spotify Premium, Sony Experia Z3, Android

My Question or Issue

Hi folks, it's my first time here and I have to admit that I'm not very techy, but I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I have.

I've looked through some threads with a similar problem to me, but some of what happened to me seemed a bit unique so I thought start a new thread.

I have a Sony Experia Z3 that someone gave me. I don't use it as a mobile phone (don't like 'em), just for playing Spotify offline in my car. 

I downloaded Spotify onto my phone and went onto my PC (Windows 10) and downloaded my playlists expecting them to appear as downloaded on the my phone but they didn't, so until I downloaded them again, this time via my phone and it worked.

I had no problem playing them all in the car offline at this point, but I've been wondering if the fact that I had to download them on both devices was an early sign of a synching problem.

Anyway, after a few weeks of enjoying my Spotify playlists offline in my car, I decided to upgrade my songs to "very high" quality. This must have filled up the phones internal memory because I started getting warnings of a lack of space and that Spotify might not function properly and it actually didn't, in fact it would only play certain songs and not others, with the unplayable ones vastly outnumbering the playing ones.

So I bought a 32GB memory SD card and inserted it and expected to fix the problem, but it still kept telling me that I had run out of space. I went back to the Tesco phone shop where I bought the card thinking it was faulty and they told me that I had to manually transfer my Spotify playlists to the SD card, so I went into Spotify settings ---> storage and tapped the SD card that appeared and a pop-up said that it was transferring the files.

Afterwards, when I checked, it appeared that there was now much less space on the SD card, which kinda told me that the files had actually transferred.

The thing is, it hasn't solved the problem, i.e. most songs still aren't playing offline on my phone, although a minority still do. It's like some songs have syched, but the majority haven't. 

I hope someone can help because my phone is appearing more and more like a frisby by the minute as I pull my hair out ;o)

Kind regards and thanks in advance... Robert 

1 Reply

My post has been pushed back to page 4 since I first posted it on Saturday and still not one reply? Oh well...

Suggested posts