Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won’t play on Astell & Kern sr25 music player

Spotify won’t play on Astell & Kern sr25 music player

Plan

Premium 

Country

UK

Device

Astell and Kern sr25 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android  Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

After much faffing about I have downloaded and installed Spotify on the sr25 and can log in and see all my playlists etc, can search for music and select a track but nothing will play the song timer won’t move and there’s no sound  - I can drag it to another place in the song but it won’t play - It plays fine on my iPad and iPhone and they think the sr25 is playing when I check them

The version installed is 8.6.8.1094 the interface is slow and everything is grey but I don’t know if that’s just the sr25 or if I need to do something else - please help this is driving me up the wall 

5 Replies

Hey there @Jambomorai,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you follow the steps that's provided here.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy

Thanks for your response but this doesn’t help l have already followed these steps several times and Spotify is already installed on the sr25 it just won’t play anything- please advise 

Hey @Jambomorai

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, did you try reinstalling the app on this device?

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending over a video where we can take a better look at the issue? You can send a link to it or attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. This will help us investigate further. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Novy

Please note apps for Astell & Kern devices have to be downloaded from an apk android website on the computer and then dragged into the sr25

I have done this with about 6 different versions of Spotify, some don’t even install “parsing error” others will install but won’t play any music and there is no colour or song artwork 

I also notice from looking around the community that there are multiple threads with users mainly on Android devices who can’t play Spotify so this seems to be a fundamental issue which hasn’t been fixed 

There’s nothing much to show it just won’t play but every time I try to attach a video or photo from my iPhone or iPad it says the format is not accepted and removes them yet more frustration

I would appreciate if you could get back to me with a solution 

Hey @Jambomorai,

Thanks for your reply.

We don't officially support APKs. Since your device doesn't have an official integration with Spotify, it's expected that it misbehaves. Also, and as stated on the website that @Jeremy sent above, there are compatibility issues with Spotify and current APK versions.

In this case, you can listen to your music from Spotify on your music player by connecting it through Bluetooth to a device that officially supports the app, like a phone, if your device allows it.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts