Spotify won't play tracks that aren't downloaded (when I have premium + Data on)

Highlighted

Spotify won't play tracks that aren't downloaded (when I have premium + Data on)

byanz
Regular

I've been trying to play songs that I don't have downloaded, while having data on. I've tried reinstalling the app and logging in and out of it. But if i try to play something that isnt on my offline playlist, spotify will refuse to play it and say that the song is unavailable. It always happens when I'm trying to play something that i don't have downloaded and its fustrating since i am paying premium and I should be able to play any song that I'd like. (this happens only on my android device, which is a Samsung s7)

Any suggestions on what else I should do? 

13 Replies

Re: Spotify won't play tracks that aren't downloaded (when I have premium + Data on)

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @byanz,

Do they stream through WiFi?

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Spotify won't play tracks that aren't downloaded (when I have premium + Data on)

byanz
Regular

Sometimes they don't, sometimes they do. It works if i keep the app open, but once it's closed it messes up.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@byanz

It may be unrelated to your issue, but Samsung introduced an agressive power saving option which is closing Spotify when the application is sent to the background or the screen display turned off. Check this thread.

There is a battery saving option that you need to turn off.

osorniosRock Star 22

byanz
Regular

I'll test it out and see how if it works. Thanks!

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@byanz

Let me know how it goes. :)

osorniosRock Star 22

byanz
Regular

It still doesn't work... Would you have any other things I can try out?

Joe
Community Legend

Hey @byanz just to be clear, you're saying that music won't stream over mobile data? Does it stream over wifi? You may have an issue which mostly (but not exclusively) affects T-mobile users in the US.

Take a look at this post under the heading Cannot access Spotify on mobile data to see if it applies to you.

byanz
Regular

It'll only stream the music I've downloaded. It wont stream random songs I happen to want to listen to and don't have them downloaded. It happens on wifi and on data. 

I'll test that out and let you know how it goes.

Joe
Community Legend

If  you get the same problem over wifi, that post won't help. Have you checked your spotify settings to make sure you haven't toggled offline mode?

SUGGESTED POSTS