Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't save on SD card

Spotify won't save on SD card

Hello,
Spotify takes all my space on the internal storage and I don't know what to do.

The spotify data folder on the internal card is empty - the one on the external card is full! Nevertheless I've moved the internal one to the external card just to make sure.

In fhe app, spotify also says that it saves on the external card. Having the folder there, I guess it works how it's supposed to be...

But why, why does spotify still block all my space (photo)?

Thanks for every answer!
tmp_8496-Screenshot_20170302-094643855143954.png
tmp_8496-Screenshot_20170302-094714-579629431.png
4 Replies

your explaination isn't clear. Let's label the storage units as "internal storage" and "SD card" so we don't get confused.

From your screenshot, it looks like you've configured Spotify to use the SD card for caching music. It looks like you have a 64GB SD card and Spotify is using 5.6 GB. The app itself will always reside on your internal storage. I'm not sure how big it is nowadays, it might be 1GB. I'm not sure why it's showing that it's using 6.5 GB on the internal storage. Have you recently switched the settings for the storage settings?

Can you try the following

1) take note of the capacity reports (as you've done)

2) uninstall Spotify
3) take note of the capacity reports

4) reboot your phone

5) take note of the capacity reports

6) install Spotify (don't play any music)

7) take note of the capacity reports

😎 play music for a few hours

9) take note of the capacity reports

Lots of people have been wishing for a "clear cache" button/feature within the app. right now it seems the only way to do that is to remove the app. I do this about once a month because my cache grows a little too big.

Thank you for your answer!
I did as you said, but everything is the same. I can find all the files on the SD card and it seems to be there, but in my app manager in my settings it still says spotify uses 6GB. And then my phone starts telling me again about having a full internal storage... I'm so confused...

when you reinstalled Spotify and checked the storage report, what did it say?

Paul

When I deinstalled it I couldn't find any data left on the SD card or internal storage...

Suggested posts