Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't stay online - HTC One M8 T-Mobile US

Spotify won't stay online - HTC One M8 T-Mobile US

I have always had intermittent issues with Spotify not connecting to the internet when every other app on my phone could. Recently they have become constant - Spotify thinks there's no internet connection at all; if I log out I can't log back in; the problem persists whether I delete the app cache and data, uninstall and reinstall, etc etc. However I recently discovered the by going into "access point names" in my Settings menu and selecting "Reset to default", Spotify will work again - briefly. After 10-15 minutes at the most, it goes back offline and it's back to square one. This is a huge and unacceptable problem for a premier Android phone with stock firmware; if it can't be resolved I will be cancelling my subscription and requesting a refund for the extensive time I've been paying for that the app simply hasn't worked.

Network: T-Mobile

Android: 4.4.4

HTC Sense version: 60

Software number: 3.32.531.2

HTC SDK API level: 6.25

Spotify version: 1.6.0.952

12 Replies

Hi,

I can tell you this is actually to do with the use of ipv6 by T-Mobile US. If possible can you try changing the protocol to ipv4/ipv6 in the APN.

If it still reverts then this is something T-Mobile are forcing on their customers and you should try to contact their CS as it's only this carrier which has pushed this out.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

2014-11-04 15.05.33.png

These are the only two options I have. If I select IMS, everything goes offline. I cannot find anything in my settings regarding forcing IPv4.

It's very surprising that Spotify does not support IPv6 at all, as any app built in the last several years should. Like I mentioned, every other app on my phone (50+) works fine and has no connectivity problems whatsoever, so this is a major design flaw on Spotify's part.

Since there's no apparent solution I'll contact the company re: a refund and cancellation.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Hi there, agree it is definately something that needs to be looked at at the future. However I would also question why T-Mobile have forced this on customers whilst it's still really in its infancy.

In any case, there is an idea already to add ipv6 support to Spotify here. I highly recommend adding some kudos to it!

Android Troubleshooting:

I was having the same issue on the same phone.  Create a custom APN utilizing IPv4 using the directions at the link and it should work for you again as well. 

Good luck!

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10361#network

I am at my witts end with this app. I pay for prpremium and have loved it with no problems til now. It stops and says no connection when I have a great connection 4g . I've done everything suggested cleared cashed uninstalled cleared android/ spotifspotify file and reinstalled and still the same problem! I'm ready to cancel if this isn't fixed.

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Are you using any third part thing like a proxy or VPN?

Since when do you have this problem?

T-Mobile?

Try creating a new apn as described in this thread.
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-won-t-stay-online-HTC-One-M8-T-Mobile-US/td-p/9...

Android Troubleshooting:

No I'm not

Yes I do have t mobile

I have been on with tmobile tech support 3 times trying to set up a new apn on my m8 with no luck I can create a new apn but phone will not let me select it. It always just reverts back to default apn within seconds. This is b.s spotify should work with all top tier new phones !

Adding a new apn is just a workaround.  For HTC users, the apn will be reset to default after half an hour.  

Forum admins, THIS IS STILL A BUG.

HTC One M8

Android 4.4.4

T-Mobile USA

IPV6

Do I need to talk to your QA engineers?  This issue is reproducible.  It is not as designed.  Steps to reproduce are above.  I need this resolved with the next hotfix.....

I have raised this as a bug here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Bugs/Android-T-Mobile-No-Internet-Connection/idi-p/973865

Hopefully Spotify can get to the bottom of this one quickly.

Just so we can try and keep new reports going to the bugs topic, lets move the discussion over to that topic and I will lock this one for the time being.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts