Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify wont show local files on Android,

Spotify wont show local files on Android,

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy A02s

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

So I was transferring my local files from one laptop to another because i got a new one, and i put the old one into factory reset. But i forgot to move 4 songs, so I downloaded them and put them in my playlist, they work on my desktop but they dont work on my phone so i tried  to sync my playlist and download it again but didnt work. I went on google and spotify community to see what I can do, they told me to sync it. It didnt work, told me to re-download them. I did, did not work. I reinstaled the app, and still did not work. I went into settings on my laptop and I turn the local files on and off, that didnt work. I go on my phone and where every video and screenshot shows theres suposed to be and option available to turn local files on and off. But i dont have that, i checked my cousins phone and he has that. Also in the middle of all that, all my local file songs on android dont work, even if I download them on the actual phone. I thought its something with my phone, so I logged onto my old acount and it has the ability to "Show Local audio files", when I switched onto my other premium account it didnt have that. Meanwhile all the local files work fine on my lapotp

251329863_184376090538509_8118029096631630722_n.jpg
251262627_322754232994802_5472661089725817730_n.jpg
2 Replies

Hey there @NW2003

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

First up, we'd recommend that you try logging out and then logging back in twice on your phone. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a regular one?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Guys, was there any resolution to this issue.... got the same problem here.

Thanks

Suggested posts