Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spovify on galaxy S2 crashes in online mode

Spovify on galaxy S2 crashes in online mode

I recently experienced the same problem and had to delete all traces of spotify and reinstall. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks but now it's back again. And I haven't even resynced all the tracks yet, and really do not want to reset everything again.
I've tried switching of sync mode, however this mmakes no difference.

What is up?

InI'm really tired of all the problems with spotify on mobile devices, this is really unnecessary with so many paying users. Ack.
7 Replies

Moved to Android forum.

Try installing the preview version of the app from here: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Should work better for you

Dave
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

The new version fixed my issue.  When will this version be available on Google Play?

Chad

Spotify won't comment on release schedules. It's coming up to two months since the preview was released so hopefully soon
----------------

Yeah, hopefully soon.

I've otherwise been loving Spotify since it opened in Australia, and all it will take for me to (gladly!!) pay is a stable app that I can play an offline library with on shuffle and have it scrobble to Last.FM.

My preview expires on Jun 23, and Rdio seems to want my money too...

i also had spotify crash (i.e. i open it and it immediately closes again, very odd) on my SG2 (running android 4.0 ICS).

this only started to happen yesterday, it was fine all the time since i updated to ICS...

so i looked here in the forum and found and installed the beta version. so far that seems to work ok.

but... beta has no homescreen widget 😞 wtf, that's a bummer. 

Yeah no widget in this version. Hopefully it will make it back in to the official release. Also check the sticky thread at the top of this forum for other missing features and wishlist items in this build
----------------

thanks licenced

been reading throught it already, just quite a lot to take in 🙂

will have to live without the widget for now.

cheers

Suggested posts