Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Standalone for the Galaxy Watch 4?

Standalone for the Galaxy Watch 4?

Using the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, I can't see a standalone setting. Listening to Spotify on my phone or laptop is using too much battery on the watch.s

Is this on the next update of the app? The only options I see are attached.

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
20210925_092228.jpg
14 Replies

Hey @rawkinrich,

Thanks for the post.

Streaming music straight from the watch should be possible with a Premium account.

We'd recommend trying to reinstall the app on the watch and re-pair it with the phone.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same exact problem with the same choices as the screen shot. the reinstall does not help.

Hi Alex,

Steaming music isn't a problem, the problem is there's no standalone setting so my phone and laptop is using the watches battery.

Any help?

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Hi folks,

Thank you for the clarification!

If you go to "Settings" and select "Playback", you should be able to switch between "Standalone" and "Remote" modes. In this article you can find the steps.

If you're still not able to find this setting, can you log in with another Premium account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

Hi MafeG,

I can't see the Playback option and the link you sent is for earler version of the Galaxy Watch. This is the Watch 4, I wonder if it's because the watch is using Wear OS (and not Tizen) and Spotify haven't included the Standalone option yet?

I have logged out and back in on my premium account and still no option.

Rich 

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Hi there @rawkinrich,

Thank you for your reply. 

It's odd the option isn't showing on your watch. We want to investigate this further backstage, so we just need some extra information:

• In this thread you mentioned this happens when you're running. Does the same happen when you're idling? 
  • Also, is the issue only related to the missing standalone setting? Or have you noticed any other behavior related to playing music without a paired phone? 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Hiya,

I listen to Spotify without my phone whilst running and it works great however is heavy on the battery. I'm hoping to run for roughly 1hr 20 minutes on Sunday so I'll take screenshots of before and after.

When I'm at work I often listen to Spotify via my laptop which brings up the player via my watch - this obviously uses the battery but I can't see an option to disable it.

👍

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Hi there @rawkinrich,

Thank you for your reply!

We're on the lookout for the screenshots of the battery status before and after your run 🙂

In the meantime, we'd also like to confirm if your watch's speaker functions normally with Spotify. Or, if then again, this is only related to the battery drain and the standalone setting.

Cheers.

MafeGModerator

Can someone show me how to stream music to the Galaxy Smartwatch 4's speakers directly? I just bought the Galaxy Smartwatch 4 Classic, and I'm having a hard time with technical issues. I tried messaging tech support, and they just directed me to websites that restated obvious things, like to download Spotify, and hit pair button.

Hey @Musicalthinker,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Streaming straight from your Samsung Smartwatch (not using it as a remote for the phone) is a feature available to you, if you are having any of the Spotify Premium subscriptions going. To stream from your wearable gear - you'd need to switch between Streaming and Remote in Settings on your Gear app. 

Also, on this page here, you can read more info about Spotify on Samsung wearables and how to install and get the app going on your smartwatch. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

I don't see any thing related to Gear as this is a Galaxy Watch 4, but anyways, this is what I did on the Galaxy Wearable app. I just turned "Remote Connection" off. Otherwise I'm clueless.

Screenshot_20211130-124430.png

Hey @Musicalthinker,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you let us know if that made any difference? If not, can you let us know exactly what's happening when you try to use the app in the watch directly?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey i have Galaxy watch active 2  and have the same issue.

With the default music app i could go running for 2hours an have a bout 40% battery left.

With spotify after 50 minutes the battery is at 10% so i'm not able to use it.

To bad, i bought spotify specially for this so please fix it. 

Any updates on this issue? As of now, the spotify wear OS app is pretty much useless because of the battery drainage...

Suggested posts