Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred playlist empty on android app

Starred playlist empty on android app

Since last update my starred playlist is empty on android app ?? Other playlists are OK.

15 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is your Spotify username "Nyffex"? 

If so, I just pulled up your starred playlist and can confirm there are currently 841 tracks present. 

Can you try all of the troubleshooting steps in the android troubleshooting guide to completely remove Spotify and its file and then install again to see if that then works? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

tried that, and are now waiting for the playlists to sync, the Starred has synced but still same problem. Its been syncinng for quite some while, you can tell it syncs a lot of songs but Starred playlist still is empty, the other playlists completly normal. Aparently theres really a problem with spotify since i dont seem to be the only one with problems since update, hope they fix it soon, i´d hate to stop using it when its otherwise such a good service, have been premium client for a long time already...

I really hope spotify will stop releasing their updates before trying them, it seems theres always a lot of problems after updates...

But thanks for the answers.

Hi. There have been other reports of problems with starred playlists not showing on mobile devices. One temporary fix which you can try is to copy your starred items into a new playlist on your desktop client. Not ideal, I know 🙂

I have an evo and since the new update, I have also had my star playlist go blank. I have over 28,000 tracks. Making a new playlist isn't really a good option 300 tracks at a time.

In that case, I suggest you submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify can look into it for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

i actually noticed that it works when connected to internet, but when offline the starred remain empty. And since spotify doesnt seem to care about any problems i will switch to google play as soon as its avaivable in my country. Google is know to attend to the paying customers atleast...

I have exactly the same problem! I can see my playlist when I'm connected to the internet/wifi, but the minute I go out of my house (I can't have internet on my phone outside) my starred playlist just disappears! It shows completely empty. It was working fine before but suddenly started doing this.

I have tried reinstalling Spotify and downloading the playlist again but it's not working.

Did anyone find any solution to this? I tried going through some topic but there's tons of topics on this forum and I'm not sure where to look.

Hi. It sounds like you're seeing this bug. Hopefully we'll see a solution soon. Meanwhile, try copying a few of the starred tracks into a new empty playlist and download those. This might work and, if so, do the same for more tracks, no more than 100 at a time.

Hi there,

Im new here 🙂

I tryed like an hour to get the starred on my Android Device.

Same bug here song count is zero and the client are not syncing.

It works with playlists.

Just for notice.

Greetings

McDrifter

What desktop client version are you using?

I have, finally got the starred playlist working, after a few months ( i am the thread starter, we had do erase my account and make me a new one ) i found a person on the support that actually took the time to solve this problem. After +50 mails he found the problem, there were some corrupt files in the playlist, by erasing them from the starred list we got it working.

But for some reason he could not tell me which track was the corrupt one, so i am not to much help for you guys, but good luck finding the corrupt songs 🙂

I alse have the same problem, but I don't think it's the bug that was refered earlier. The only playlist I have downloaded to the phone is the starred list (which isn't possible to use offline, but works perfekt online). The interesting part is that I can listen to songs downloaded from the starred list which are included in other playlists (which are not downloaded), so obviously the songs are downloaded. Maybe it is some song in the playlist that is corrupt, but finding out which... I also switched mobile recently and the problem remained.

I hope this get fixed soon, since this is the only playlist I use offline and having to copy manually to a copy of the list doesn't seem optimal...

What happens when you try to download the starred playlist from your android with the big green download button? Do you get any messages or a progress bar? What android device, android OS and spotify versions?

@DJ_danne wrote:

I alse have the same problem, but I don't think it's the bug that was refered earlier. The only playlist I have downloaded to the phone is the starred list (which isn't possible to use offline, but works perfekt online). The interesting part is that I can listen to songs downloaded from the starred list which are included in other playlists (which are not downloaded), so obviously the songs are downloaded. Maybe it is some song in the playlist that is corrupt, but finding out which... I also switched mobile recently and the problem remained.

I hope this get fixed soon, since this is the only playlist I use offline and having to copy manually to a copy of the list doesn't seem optimal...

Since the app is online when you download the playlist everything works just fine. Everytime I have the app in online mode and connects to a wifi it downloads any new songs that have been added. Progressbar, number of songs and so on all seem okay. There are no other messages than that the songs are being downloaded.

The current device is an HTC One, but the same problem occured on my Galaxy S2. On the HTC One it's Android 4.2, on the S2 it was 4.1.

The spotifyversion is 0.6.6.270.

By the way in the latest version of Spotify it is no longer a blank screen when you open the starred playlist in offlinemode, it now has a loading icon that will spinn forever. No errormessages.

Ugh. It sounds like the issue which Spotify is collecting information on in this thread. Maybe add some details there?

Suggested posts