Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starts playing on its own after call.

Starts playing on its own after call.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Spotify starts on its own after a call even if the app has been closed. On my Samsung s8 and the worst part is that it starts in the background and i cant stop it till I open the app.  This thing drive me nuts scars the **bleep** out when i get in the car and it starts up.  Maybe one day someone will get into a bad accident in the car trying to stop it from blaring while driving and fumbling to stop it then Spotify will do something about it.  I have read a lot of post on here with the same issue and all Spotify says they don't get enough kudos...

18 Replies

Hey there @xtreamdev!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. We'll do our best to help you solve this.

Does this happen when your phone is connected to a bluetooth device or headphones or just directly from the phone?

You can start off by trying a clean reinstall of the app to make sure you have the latest version and that any outdated files are removed.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

If that doesn't solve the issue, could you let us know if you experience this on 3/4G, Wi-Fi or both? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Elena

I have only noticed it when its connected to a bluetooth head phone. And when i get to may car it will switch to that bluetooh device on its own. 

I  experience this on 3/4G and Wi-Fi.

If you do a search  for "after phone call" you will see your customer reporting the same issue over a few years some threatening to cancel service.

Thanks

George.

Hey @xtreamdev,

Thanks for your reply.

Jumping in after @Elena to share this Community thread featuring a potential solution.

Hope it does the trick for you as well. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So this so so frustrating I have wiped my phone clean reinstalled the app and its still doing the same thing.  This is just sad that we cant get this fixed.  The app is closed not playing as soon as I make a call and hang up it starts on its own.  This has to be fixed its a danger like I have explained with my initial post.  Can you please move this up to the top of the list.  I have included a screen shot of google search with the issue and there are many many links with people having the same or similar issues.

-George.

FixIt.PNG

I fixed this issue by going into the Bluetooth setting for that particular device in my phone. So I went to Bluetooth settings, chose the device in question(my car), and unselected phone calls. So now phone calls do not activate a bluetooth connection to my car, which, in turn, does not start spotify after a call ends. 

Go to Bixby rouyine "Driving" and remove spotify

It's ridiculous that this issue is not fixed yet or at least a link to where we can get this issue fixed. Please Spotify, do so.

Still no fix ti this? Sometimes I discover spotify have been my podcast for  hours in the earplug which was on the table.

This happens to me on desktop when I hang up a zoom or teams call. Spotify will "unpause" and play. I would expect this it auto-paused for me to start the call, but I had paused it manually (some times days before my call), why would it start playing on its own. 

Hey @JuanSilva,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, did you tried the suggestion made by @Mario. If you haven't yet, we'd suggest you try them as first step.

Since you mentioned this is happening on your laptop, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the affected computer, along with the Spotify version you have running there?

If your laptop has Windows 10 OS, you can try disabling AutoPlay in the settings by selecting Devices> AutoPlay in the lower-left side of the display> then sliding the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices toggle on or off. Under Choose AutoPlay Defaults, set the default action for AutoPlay when connecting each type of media or device.

Windows 11, it's similar: go to Settings> Select Bluetooth & Devices> AutoPlay. Select Use AutoPlay for all media and devices to turn AutoPlay on or off. Set the default action for AutoPlay when connecting each type of media or device.

Keep us in the look!

AlejaRModerator

3 years over the same issue and no results or fixes for mobile devices.

Is anyone from Spotify even reading this board???  I have "autoplay" turned off in settings.  Every time I get off a phone call with my bluetooth headset it starts playing my Spotify even though I wasn't listening to Spotify before the call.  I have to open the app and pause it.  PLEASE fix this issue!!!!!!!!!!

This also happens for me, on Windows 11, but im sure it also happend in windows10, when i hang up a call on phone or i take call on teams, Spotify automatic starts playing

Problem Sloved...  UNINSTALL SPOTIFY AND DO NOT REINSTALL IT!!!  That will get Spotify to find a fix...

It's been going on for 4 years now, and when I'm on a work call with my earbuds in, and then the spotify BLASTS in my ears causing damage. I think I may file a lawsuit for it because I am seriously dealing with hearing loss and tinnitus from this. 

SPOTIFY- FIX THIS ISSUE 

We use Zoom as the telephony system and for meetings as well and I had a Poly headset that I wear during my working hours. Spotify starts playing music without me initiating it and I can't control it. 

I have this problem as well. My headphones are connected to my phone and my Macbook. I ended a call on my phone and music started streaming through my Macbook to my headphones. Happens all the time. 

Absolutely the same here... Samsung S22 + Spotify + Poly VOYAGER FOCUS 2 UC headset that is also connected to my PC. When I end a Zoom call on the PC, Spotify starts to play from my mobile phone via the headset on its own.

Suggested posts