Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still a terrible app - can't turn off behind the lyrics, can't shut off discovery or suggestions..

Still a terrible app - can't turn off behind the lyrics, can't shut off discovery or suggestions..

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung A8

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Listen up, Spotify - if there is a 'feature' in your app that a huge percentage of your community complains about, then that 'feature' should be OPTIONAL.

I want the option to turn off discover, recommendations, behind the lyrics, and any other invasive, resource-heavy garbage that you insist I need. I don't need it. I don't want it. It makes your app slow to load, bloated, and too big. I am at the end of my patience with you now. Stop being so user-hostile and wake up - this is why Netflix is dying, why Facebook is dying... stop forcing garbage down our throats and listen to your community.

Please.

3 Replies

Thank you! I am apparently not the only one who is greatly annoyed by those behind the lyrics! I just discovered it tonight and I hoped that there was a mistake, so I went to the Playstore to see when it was updated, to find another update waiting. Installed it hopefully, but unfortunately those annoying lyrics are still there.

Oneplus 6T

Version 8.5.4.770

I will try adding *.genius.com to my adblocker, who knows....

Hey @Michielo and @vag-o-matic thanks for reaching out to the community,

There's a closed idea here on the issue, you can start a new idea again on it if you want.

Let me know, 

Jack 🙂

That is really *bleep* Jack, I will look into other streaming services soon, luckily there are alternatives with the same catalogue

[Moderator edit]

Suggested posts