Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still don't have access to my podcasts!

Still don't have access to my podcasts!

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20

Operating System

Android 10

I am still having the issue of my podcasts not showing up as mentioned in this thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Can-t-access-or-play-podcasts-in-Your-Librar...

I've been struggling with this problem for months, tried everything, and am now considering canceling. I am paying for premium on the latest flagship device, with up-to-date software and both the app and phone, its ludicrous that such a fatal flaw exists. 

19 Replies

Hey there @herorobot1,

Thank you for reaching out. We're happy to assist you.

This should now be fixed. Would you mind confirming if you followed the troubleshooting steps that's provided in the thread

Can you also let us know the following:

• Device + operating system version
  • Exact Spotify version

We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Still have this problem 

I am on Samsung Galaxy S20 5G

Android 11

Spotify version 

I have tried all troubleshooting. 

Hey @herorobot1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind sending over a screen recording of this issue? Just attach the video to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. If you're unable to upload it, you can also add a link to it. 

Also, would you mind letting us know specifically which troubleshooting steps you've tried? It will help us give you better suggestions. 

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi. I've tried all troubleshooting suggested, fresh install exactly as directed, signed out and in countless times.  Everything that's been suggested as far as i know. 

Link to screen capture:

https://streamable.com/vodok0

Thanks. 

Hi again @herorobot1

Thanks for your reply and for this info. 

Just to confirm, have you tested this using a different internet connection? Do you get the same error?

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your phone to see if they can replicate this?

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator

Yes this happens whatever Internet network I'm connected to. I will get back to you about signing in with another account. 

UPDATE 

When signing in with another account the podcasts do work. 

Hi @herorobot1

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that. 

Just to make sure, did you follow these specific steps to reinstall the app? This one is more thorough than a normal one. 

On another note, could you let us know if this issue happens across different devices or only on your phone?

Keep us posted!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes I've reinstalled as suggested. Will check on desktop and get back to you. 

Hi again, can confirm on both the web player and the desktop app that the podcasts are working fine.

Hey @herorobot1

We're happy to hear that podcasts are now working for you. 

If anything else comes up, we're always one reply away. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

NovyModerator

Podcasts are NOT working for me. Only on desktop, which is not how i use Spotify.  So they are not working. 

Hi @herorobot1

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the confusion. 

Just to confirm, have you tried logging into your account using a different mobile device?

We'd also recommend making sure that your device has no pending system updates.

Let us know how it goes. We'll continue investigating.

NovyModerator

Yes, i am updated completely on all fronts. I've been able to sign into to other accounts on my same device and have podcasts appear. 

Hi again @herorobot1

Would you mind attaching a screenshot where we can see the app version you're currently running on your phone?

You can also check that your phone has no battery saving options enabled or data restrictions for Spotify. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

Screenshot_20210206-130549_Spotify.jpg

 I have no such settings applied to Spotify. 

Hey @herorobot1,

The fact that when logged in to another profile the podcasts appear indicate that there might be an account issue causing this. We recommend that you create a new free account here. If podcasts work properly there as well, you can follow the steps in this guide on how to transfer your music collection, so nothing gets lost.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how things work out.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That's not a solution I'm afraid. Abandoning a 10+ year old account is not an option for obvious reasons. I understand that from a mod position you can only do so much, but telling me to start a new account may as well be "we're not going to fix this", or "we can't fix this "

Clearly something on your end has broken in the last year or so, as podcasts were working perfectly fine for me before then. And surely I'm not the only person having this problem. Its not a good look from a company who's trying to go big on podcasts, when it literally doesn't work for some.

Thanks anyway i guess.

Hi there @herorobot1

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We tested this on our end, but we didn't have issues searching or playing podcasts from that specific section. That's why we suggested creating a new account since the issue is only replicable on your account. However, we understand why you wouldn't want to create a new one.

In this case, we recommend factory resetting your phone to check if that makes the difference. Make sure to make a back up of your data before doing so. 

If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest keeping the app up-to-date to ensure optimal performance.

Keep us posted!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Well as i said this wasn't a problem untill the past year. I had this same problem on an older galaxy phone, which persisted when i upgraded, so it is obviously an account problem. I've also reset my phone fairly recently and the problem persisted. 

I understand not being able to replicate the problem as its clearly associated with my account, but it doesn't mean something isn't broken which requires fixing? As it worked for years before any probelms. So it isn't really to do with my account, in reality Spotify has broke something which is now negatively affecting my account. 

Thanks for your help though, will keep you updated. 

Suggested posts