Premium

Country

United States 

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android version 8.8.0

My Question or Issue

I have the most up to date version of Spotify, Instagram, and the Android operating system, but I'm still unable to share music to Instagram Stories. When selecting "Share", Instagram Stories Still doesn't show as an option. I only get the option to share to Instagram Direct Message. I've been anxiously waiting for this functionality and am getting frustrated that I still haven't received it on my device. I'm a music artist who heavily promotes on Instagram and really need to have this functionality available to me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey...I just cleared all of my cache AND all of my data in Android settings for Spotify then I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and now I see the option! I'm guessing it was some weird data caching issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi,

I had a similar problem a few months ago. I found that it depends on the IG account you're using. For example, I had 2 accounts : artist & personnal, and the option was appearing depending on which account I was last logged in..

The solution was to wait, after some weeks I was able to share music on both accounts.

Maybe you can try logging in another IG account and see what happens.

Hey thanks for your response! Unfortunately that didn't work. 😞 I tried just logging into my personal IG account and still didn't see the option. I even cleared the Spotify app cache and made sure my personal IG account was public and still no luck. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and Instagram but still not seeing the share to story option.

Alright, I'm sorry that I can't help you more..

Hope you'll find a solution

Marked as solution

Hey...I just cleared all of my cache AND all of my data in Android settings for Spotify then I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and now I see the option! I'm guessing it was some weird data caching issue.

Indeed, weird issues haha

Glad you managed to make it work!

Suggested posts