Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop playing after one song.

Solved!

Stop playing after one song.

Hi

I've been having some problems with spotify. I have no problems with the first song, but it Spotify won't start playing the next song automaticly. 

I've been looking on these forums for an answer, but haven't been able to find one. I've tryed clearing the cache, uninstalling Spotify, rebooting and then reinstall it. But i still have the problem.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy SII

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards,

Gronlaender

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I am having the opposite problem. Sometimes I just want to play one song and stop. Am I missing something obvious?

BA

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Nope, that's one of the many bugs Spotify has introduced with the new Android app. Try contacting the support team and tell them that this has to be fixed asap.
And make sure to vote for Spotify as app of the year.

Have you tried turning off gapless playback and crossfade tracks as well? This might get tracks playing continuously.
Airhorn Enthusiast

i've only tryed turning gapless off, that didn't work.

So is there a FIX for this or not?

Wife and I are members and are having the same issues...

We cant seem to get one song from our playlist to play after the other. It just ramdomly picks the next song on the iPhones.

help pls..

Thx!

@chgolouie wrote:

So is there a FIX for this or not?

Wife and I are members and are having the same issues...

We cant seem to get one song from our playlist to play after the other. It just ramdomly picks the next song on the iPhones.

help pls..

Thx!

Please have a look in the iOS forum, I posted a small update. Please see if this helps you too.

Community Ergo Sum

I m having the opposite problem. Sometime I just want to play one song and stop. Any thoughts on how to make this easy or am I just missing something obvious.

BA

Marked as solution

I am having the opposite problem. Sometimes I just want to play one song and stop. Am I missing something obvious?

BA

I tried this and yet it did not help my problem with continuous play

There is an icon for randomization of songs. It should be next to the songs on the right or left. One is for shuffle and one is for repeat song. If they aren't green anymore than it will stop 🙂

Had same problem.  Disabling Juice Defender fixed it.

This is about spotify use on a android phone in offline-mode.

I have read and triedall the solutions sugested but nothing works, the music just wont keep playing on my android, this makes it almost completly usless since i have it for work where I am often greasy and can not fiddle with is but need it to play entire records nd long playlsts!

How can i fix thiss!?!?!?!

Can you let uss go back to the latest usable version?

If not will you at least refund the time between the faulty update and the next working one? I am getting realy pissed on thiss now!

@Irrblosset wrote:

This is about spotify use on a android phone in offline-mode.

I have read and triedall the solutions sugested but nothing works, the music just wont keep playing on my android, this makes it almost completly usless since i have it for work where I am often greasy and can not fiddle with is but need it to play entire records nd long playlsts!

How can i fix thiss!?!?!?!

Can you let uss go back to the latest usable version?

If not will you at least refund the time between the faulty update and the next working one? I am getting realy pissed on thiss now!

are you using the latest Spotify version? What device/software version are you on?

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I had the same problem. The following combination fixed the issue for me: use 1 second crossfade AND use randomize tracks. Do Not use repeat or anything else

Same problem here, sometimes it stops in a middle of the song also.. I try everything that Spotify suggest, but nothing works. For me, Spotify it's useless right now.

Did you try the fix i posted in the message above yours?

I tried everything, noting seems to works...

I have premium account, downloaded playlist for offline play, have tried everything in the forums with no success. Really a pain...

What only fixed the issue for me was downloading "spotify-4-4-0-991-multi-android.apk" (it's a beta for my surprise)
http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Remember to enable Install Unknown Sources in the Security Options to enable install apps not from PlayStore.
And also to disable automatic updates from Play Store app.

I hope they fix this soon.

I have the same problems of all people. I have download a old version Here : http://www.apkhere.com/ --> Search Spotify --> take spotify beta.

Set your phone for can install from other source and unistall the new version and install 3.4.0.762 or you can try must recent. Now my problem is Fix.

Good Luck ! 🙂

Suggested posts