Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop without having to log out?

Stop without having to log out?

Is there a way to stop the application without having to log completely out of the app?  I have to click on the Log Out option to get the application to stop.  I wish I didn't have to log out every time just to get the app to stop.

2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I don't know what android version you're using, but on any version you can get it to stop by closing the app (being an iOS user, press what is the equivalent to the home button on an iPhone, then go to multitasking and close it). If you just want to make the music pause, tap the pause button and it does exactly that

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

The android system is designed to manage resources intelligently so apps stay in memory until the OS decides it needs the resources for something else. For this reason, "closing" and app on android sends it to the background which means it relaunches where you left off quickly when you go back to it. Its all part of the multitasking design.

The method for removing an app from memory, varies according to the android version but you should be able to do a google search for further information and you'll find plenty of articles like this one.

Suggested posts