Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stops playing randomly

Stops playing randomly

I have a brand new Nokia 8 with latest Android Oreo.

Spotify stops playing my playlist when both online and offline. This happens randomly in the middle of a track. It is perhaps of some phone activities in the background? Don't know. Anyone who can help on this?

I have tried clean install of latest Spotify.

5 Replies

Have you logged into Spotify anywhere else? Maybe it's conflicting with other devices.

I am also experiencing a similar issue with my Nokia 8, started about 3-4 weeks back. It seems to happen no matter if its online or offline, wired or bluetooth.

I have tried clearing settings, wiping the cache, fresh installs, disabling all battery optimizations and i am now starting to run out of ideas.

All i can think is that it is somehow related to the Feb 1st security patch as its not long after that update that I noticed the problem occuring but relaisitcally its probably just a coincidence.

@gordyy

No, that is not the issue.

However, what I have recognized is that my Nokia 8 is not registered as one of my offline devices.  I have removed all offline devices from the list and when I thereafter goes offline with my mobile it don't pop-up in the list.  I try the other devices I have and all of them are shown in the list.  This might have something to do with the security update which are mentioned below.  I don't know but it is very very irritating - and I consider to stop my subscription to another music provider.  Hopefully someone from Spotify is working onthe issue.

@Ajs113

This is exactly what I've done too.

I suspected battery settings (low battery) but it has no impact.

I have updated Spotify frequently.  The Feb 1st security patch you mention might very well be the root cause.  The problem started about a month ago.

Same issue here. Today it happened just as i recieved a notification from messenger

Suggested posts