Storage selection suddenly disappeared

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung S7 Edge

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Yesterday I opened Spotify and I see that it's downloading 1.5k songs. Then I realized that I can't even select my SD as the storage anymore. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced on this app even when considering that it has countless terrible bugs. I have tried everything. I even downloaded the previous versions of the app but the option is just not there. Do not link me the this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/td-p/914257

It does not resolve any issues. I cannot even delete com.spotify.music. I tried it on my laptop, on a different file manager. I am not going to format my SD card just because of this meaningless problem I'm encountering. I cannot use the app this way. I use it in offline mode %90 of the time. My android is the latest version for the phone model and also the spotify (is and was) the latest version.

2 Replies

Here are my settings

Storage option should be under "Other" tab but as you can see, it's simply not there

Hey @dogakuzey,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Please keep in mind that the option to change the Storage location appears in the settings menu only if your SD Card is available and accessible. We recommend that you double check that the permission for storage options for Spotify is enabled. This can be accessed by going to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage.

Note: Menu order may vary on different devices.

After this check your SD card for errors and perform a clean reinstall of the app following these steps:

1. Remove the SD card from the device.

2. Go to your phone’s Settings.

3. Select Apps.

4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it.

5. Tap Storage > Clear Data.

6. Tap Uninstall.

7. Go to Google Play and install the Spotify app.

8. Restart your phone and put the card back in.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts