Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Storage space

Solved!

Storage space

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 16GB with a 32GB SD card. I work on a farm with very little reception and use Spotify everyday for music. The problem I have is that I can't save music onto the SD card and the amount of music of have has taken over the base memory. Is there a way to save it to the SD card?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Mooseman : make sure that you have the latest version of Spotify app : 4.70.878 that came out a couple of weeks ago.

Then go to the Android settings : Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage

Slide the Storage to on (across to the right).

This enables Spotify to write to the SD card.

You may have to delete the music already downloaded in internal memory in your Moto device (delete cache in the Spotify app settings menu) and then redownload (to SD card). Unless anyone else knows how to transfer from IM to SD......?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

What version of Android is installed on your S6 ?

I have the same problem. I have tried reinstalling, all the tricks that have worked for others won't work for me. I'm on a 2015 moto x play with the newest marshmallow release. 

Android version is 4.4.2 with the Xnote NE2 Samsung base ROM.
Marked as solution

Mooseman : make sure that you have the latest version of Spotify app : 4.70.878 that came out a couple of weeks ago.

Then go to the Android settings : Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage

Slide the Storage to on (across to the right).

This enables Spotify to write to the SD card.

You may have to delete the music already downloaded in internal memory in your Moto device (delete cache in the Spotify app settings menu) and then redownload (to SD card). Unless anyone else knows how to transfer from IM to SD......?

Messtos : you will need to do the following to force Spotify to use SD:

1. Uninstall Spotify. Do this by going to Settings > Apps > Spotify. Press Force Stop, then Delete Cache, then Uninstall.

2. Power off your S6. Wait 10 seconds, power on.

3. Now you need to fill up the internal memory of the S6 until you have slightly less than 1gb remaining. This is easiest done via USB from computer, use photos, videos, etc.

4. Reinstall Spotify and log into your account. Now go to Spotify app settings menu and set download quality to Extreme. Now start dowloading some music.

5. Once you are sure that Spotify is using SD card for downloads, you can delete the files that you used to fill internal memory. You can also change Download quality too.

I did a slightly modified version of your solution. I installd the newest beta version from apkmirror that was realeased yestereday, then I enabled all permissions, started the app up, it's fast and funtional and now my music is going to my sd card while the app is stored on the internal storage! Thank you!!!

Just for reference, I'm on a 2015 Moto x Pure 

Marshmallow 6.0 build MPHS24.49-18-3

Spotify version 4.8.0996 BETA

Suggested posts