Storage switching to internal storage after ever restart.

Storage switching to internal storage after ever restart.

Clayharding
Casual Listener

Spotify downloaded songs redownload on to internal storage after ever restart. I believe this is due to a delay in mounting the sd card on the device. This issue has been going on for years judging by this forum with out ever having a satisfactory answer or solution by spotify. Seriously fix this issue it is service breaking. I really like spotify but I will have cancel my subscription and go somewhere else as this does not work for me.

Country

Canada

Device

Galaxy s10

5 Replies

Re: Storage swithing to internal storage after ever restart.

Hey there @Clayharding,

Thanks for reaching out to us!  

Just to confirm, have you tried the following steps:

1. Enable permission for storage option for Spotify. This can be accessed by going to Settings>Apps>Spotify>Permissions>Storage.
  2. Do a clean reinstall as explained here. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Clayharding
Casual Listener

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately a clean Install does not seem to solve the problem I have tried the suggested steps several times. The only thing  that seems to work at all is enabling developer options and forcing the app to Install on the sd card. This prevents spotify from starting before the sd is mounted. However this solution is in no way ideal as now spotify doesnt behave properly with google assistant or lock screen controls.

Hey @Clayharding,

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying out those steps.

This is likely related to an ongoing issue which we're stil looking into, but which we don't currently have a timeline for a fix for.

Make sure to head over here - we'll keep you posted on any updates on our end.

Thanks!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

tompos82
Casual Listener

I'm sorry ongoing issue? 

I'm seeing threads going back to 2016 regarding this topic. And now my device started doing the same...

Switching to internal storage every day now. It was pretty funny for the first 38 times when you're day can only be saved by listening to some of you favorite tunes but Spotify deletes everything instead and starts downloading internal again, but now this joke is a bit old. This is rendering the app useless for me. Not to mention my recent purchase of a 256 gig SD for this exact purpose.

I love this app, but a 3 year ongoing issue is not acceptable on the current level of Spotify.

I tried all I could find on the forums.

1. All permissions granted for the app. 

2. Clean install done multiple times

3. My SD is set up separately from the internal storage (not merged with Android)

4. Offline devices deleted from my Spotify account

And still it will switch to internal, wont see the SD anymore, and register two offline devices for me.

I'm sorry but I'm desperate now. Maybe if there is another complain about this problem than developers will take this "ongoing issue" more seriously.

After using the app for so long, and converting so many of my friends and family to use the app I feel cheated.

Highlighted

PlayerEmers
Visitor

agreed

I got the same problem ever since i updated my phone

I did the same things as you but the problem always persisted

SUGGESTED POSTS