Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Strange sound distortion through headphones

Strange sound distortion through headphones

I have a strange issues that I am hoping someone can help me with! If I plug in headphones and listen to Spotify the sound is vrey distroed - heavy base sound and almost impossible to identify the songs. When I listen to music via the phones music app i.e. music downloaded from Amazon the sound is fine. If I then go back to Spotify after listening to music through the music app the sound on Spotify is fine?? This tells me it is not a heaqdphone issue but I am at a loss as to understand what is causing this. Any ideas before I take the phone into the shop??

I am using a new Sony Xperia Z5 which is only a few months old it is running Android version 6

8 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Hi, sorry I should have said in my previous message I had tried removing the app and reinstalling it. However I have just tried it again and rebooted in between de install and re install and the problem still exisits. I searched all of the internal storage and I can't find the flders you mentined even when spotify is installed? How do I locate them?

Once the app starts creating a cache the folders should appear.

Do you have any headphone control applications such as JAYS installed? What headphones are you using?

Android Troubleshooting:

I haven't installed any headphone control software that I am aware of. I am using the headphones that came with a Vodaphone ultra 6 phone. However as the music is fine via other apps how can it be an issue with the headphones? 

Probably not the headphones, but just trying to fact-find at the moment.

What quality setting is set for your streaming music in the SPotify application settings? Can you try changing to 'Extreme' and then listen to something and see if the issue persists?

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi it was on automatic quality I have just tried extreme quality and still have the same issue.

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thank you I will do that.

Suggested posts