Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stuck in podcasts view

Stuck in podcasts view

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus A6003

Operating System

Oxygen 10.3.10

My Question or Issued

App is stuck in podcast view. By that I mean the current played song which is shown at the bottom of the app. The podcast view has a different layout and different buttons. As a result, Spotify is not usable anymore for anything besides podcast because you can't play Playlist or more the one song in a row. There is no shuffle and so on. But you can select the podcasts settings which has of course no effect on normal songs. 

It's the second time I've got the error. First time this site has an error during submitting the bug report. 😕 

Last error could only be fixed by Uninstaller the app. Clear the cache, log out, play different kind of songs were all without effect. 

I don't know if it helps : last usage was a podcast via Bluetooth earplugs. I did not manually disconnect the earplugs. Instead I placed them in the charging box which should terminate the Bluetooth connection. 

It's really sad. App is now unusable if you want to play more than one song. 

14 Replies

Hey @kevleiff,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah sure, I can try it.
But I guess it I didn't mention that a normal uninstall did solve the
problem for a short period of time. Thus I'm not very optimistic to get a
different result with your clean uninstall steps. But I will try it.

Hey @kevleiff,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

There are some additional troubleshooting steps in the article for the clean reinstall. 

In case the issue persists after trying the steps mentioned above, it's also a good idea to try with another account on the same device to check if anything changes.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I fixed the bug by accident. I played a song with the same account on a
different device (computer). Now I've got the normal control buttons back.
Let's see how long this will last. 😕

Hi @kevleiff

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're glad to hear that things are now working as they should. 

If anything else comes up, let us know and we'll continue with the help.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Long story short as this is my second try to reply, hopefully this time without crash.

I've got the same issue again. Bluetooth earplugs, listen to podcast, stuck in podcast view. App is unusable. Solution as mentioned above did not work, so I guess it was a coincidence. Please fix your app

It's driving me crazy. 

Hey @kevleiff

Thanks for getting back to us. We're here to help.

Just to confirm, is this also happening when you don't connect your earplugs?

Also, could you send over some screenshots or a video where we can see how things look from your end? You can attach them using the Insert Photos or Insert Videos options in the post editor. 

Lastly, if you're having issues posting to the Community, we'd recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

Hey,

I attached two screenshots.

One shows the Playlist currently playing with the thumbnail of the podcast down below.

But it's actually playing one song of the Playlist. The other Screenshot shows what I call the podcast view.

Again, the song ist still playing. But as you can see there are the buttons and settings for a podcast.

I dont know if I ever had the issue without Bluetooth earplugs. I guess not. But most of the time I use earplugs with the mobile app.

My way to get around the crash report here is to set chrome to desktop version. I don't know, does not sound right. 😕

Screenshot_20210601-223844.jpg
Screenshot_20210601-223852.jpg

One thing to mention. I'm not connected to the Bluetooth earplugs anymore. But I makes no difference, if connected or not. Both ways stuck on the same view. 

Hey there @kevleiff

Thanks for sending us this info.

Would you mind letting us know if this issue persists using a different internet connection?

Additionally, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to check if the issue persists with a different account?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Both had no impact. Tried WLAN and 4g and created a new account. However the thumbnail of the stuck podcasts is also shown in a brand new account which never played anything before. 

Hi @kevleiff

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

If possible, could you log in to your account using a different mobile device and let us know if you notice the same behavior?

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator

Now it's getting crazy. I have listen a podcast via smartphone speaker at noon. So there are no Bluetooth earplugs involved this time. Everything so far so good. Until... I started a Playlist maybe 30 minutes ago. Playlist played in shuffle as expected for maybe ten minutes. After that it Spotify stopped playing the sound in the middle of the song without any touch. 

It seems like Spotify has some kind of synchronization error. Spotify is now stuck in podcast view of podcast I played today. 

Is someone working on this issue? Do you have a traceable bug report. I don't see any improvement here. 

Hi again @kevleiff,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're trying to narrow down what might be causing this issue, as it's quite odd and we haven't see any other reports about it. We want to check if this is somehow related to your phone, as it persists with multiple connections and accounts.

Could you log in to your account on another phone or any other device and let us know if this behavior persists?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts