Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Nokia 6.1

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I just recently started using spotify, and upon first usage, it had the traditonal UI I

was accustomed to, from past accounts, and I began downloading songs to add to my library, I woke up this morning to a massive UI change, with no update shown being done recently, and no settings being altered. Now I can't look at individual songs in a grouping, nor can i look at my music seperated by artists. I can look at albums, which some are missing, I could fix that but the ui is so couunter intuitive I don't know where to start. It really frustrates me, as I can't look at a proper overview of the music i have in my library. Thanks for your time, and I've included a screenshot of what the user interface at 'my library' looks now

Screenshot_20190307-113429.png
4 Replies

I'm having the same issue. I assume it's some beta test and I hope they switch it back to the old way. I want to be able to go through artists and listen to just the songs I have downloaded by that artist. I also don't like how hard it is just to search for one specific song. You used to be able to just scroll up and search the name of that song, and now you have to hit the ... In the top right and then find in songs and then search it. 

Let's hope they change all of this back.

Or at the very least develop a system where they can notify you 24 hours
ahead of time that your device has been chosen for beta testing, expect
some temporary changes. Don't appreciate things just being dropped on me

Hello @user-removed @Grizzlybear2313

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

However if you don't like the changes I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Have a nice day!

I have the same issue! I don't even listen to music these days, only through YouTube because I cant use Spotify due it's not user friendly UI. I don't have a library, no separation of songs, artists, albums, playlist, downloaded songs, podcasts. So hard to listen to music and search different artists.

Can they please change the UI, please spotify change it. Not worth the monthly payment otherwise.

Suggested posts