Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suggested songs

Solved!

Suggested songs

Hello

Im using spotify on my android phone and would like to know if there is any way of disabling these annoying suggested songs. I actually want the ability to choose the music I listen to and that is not possible when it keeps suggesting music i dont want to listen to. The problem is that it suggest 5-7 songs in a row and I always run out of skips before. So Spotify is dictating what i should listen to.

This morning I put on one song I wanted to listen to, but after ½ an hour I still hadnt had to oppotunity to listen to the song and was so close to uninstalling Spotify.

283 Replies

That seems counterintuitive. If somebody is listening to an album, they would want to listen to that specific artist, but if there’s variety in the playlist, then the listener would be more open to expanding their music tastes through suggested songs other than somebody trying to listen to a specific artist/album. 

I want to choose the songs. Spotify plays artists I haven’t chosen or in
some cases even heard of. I spend more time skipping than I do listening
to the music. I have already cancelled my subscription, if I am paying I
want the right to choose.

Koli6492 this totally worked!!! Thank you so much!!
Marked as solution

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

Spotify free can help you find new music we think you'll love. That means we’ll continue to suggest tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better the suggestions will become.

If you have less than 15 songs in your Favorite Songs, we'll add more songs. You will see a message telling you that the extra songs were added by us, but they can be replaced by adding more songs.

You can read more about the Free experience on mobile devices in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps clarify things. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts